Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat mechanic dilemma, may need recommendation for another mechanic. >

Boat mechanic dilemma, may need recommendation for another mechanic.

Notices

Boat mechanic dilemma, may need recommendation for another mechanic.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat mechanic dilemma, may need recommendation for another mechanic.

Had motor removed for rebuild, was told would be 1-2 day job coming out and putting back in(SC 350 SB). Motor was rebuilt and ready second week of March but sat at engine builder till May 23, I'm still waiting to get boat back. before I gave the boat to him the motors fired up first crank easily with never any issues. This morning I was told there is an "electrical issue" and motors not firing at all. Each week I'm told "I'm working on it few more days" and was told I would be on water by Memorial Day but that obviously hasn't happened. What should I do? What could have happened for my boat to develop an electrical issue when it hasn't been touched? The guy working on it was recommended by someone on here so I assumed would be good efficient work but I'm getting at wits end....What should I do? Getting tired of waiting and something just seems to be up, a buddy who had him do a smaller job then had issues with his work when problem wasn't fixed said he thinks the guy is doing more damage than repairs and just isn't telling me.

On that note does anyone have a seriously good recommendation on someone I can go to to get the job finished if my guy can't get the job done? Also how would I go about paying him? I'm not gonna pay full price for an incomplete job that I have to pay someone else to do. We took the motor out in Sept and I told my engine builder I didn't need motor back till March and planned on being back on water in April. this has turned into a very frustrating ordeal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMnYEV5-Me0

Here is link of motors before rebuild so you have idea of what he's working with.

Last edited by SunsationLarry; 06-16-2016 at 11:44 AM. Reason: added motor link
Old 06-16-2016, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If he cant get a carb, distributor motor to run I, think its time to find a new "mechanic" . That's one of the simplest set-up in the world to get running.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a ground issue if both won't fire at all.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:31 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by turbom700
If he cant get a carb, distributor motor to run I, think its time to find a new "mechanic" . That's one of the simplest set-up in the world to get running.
The p-29 motors are the 350/320 EFI motors I believe.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:33 PM
SB
Registered

Yup. Just clicked on his link. Here is his video of his motors embeded,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMnYEV5-Me0
Old 06-16-2016, 10:34 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

can I ask who is working on the engines and are they installed in the boat or out currently ???
Old 06-16-2016, 10:51 PM
SB
Registered

Quote from SunsationLArry under his youtube vid
Motors are being rebuilt by Nickens Brothers Racing in Conroe Tx and Procharger is freshening up super chargers. Gonna be a whole new beast by April.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:56 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

sounds like dirt car engine builders but do not know 4 sure ? Heard of them but have no clue how well they are on the marine side.
Old 06-17-2016, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like it's time for an un-announced visit to get a first hand look at what state of repair (or dis-repair) your boat is in, and perhaps having to look you in the eyes will get the honest answer you're needing.
Old 06-17-2016, 06:50 AM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
sounds like dirt car engine builders but do not know 4 sure ? Heard of them but have no clue how well they are on the marine side.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/Nickens-Bro...-257405521499/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.