sonic boats- lawsuit/BOAT US consumer consumer protection complaint >

sonic boats- lawsuit/BOAT US consumer consumer protection complaint

Notices

sonic boats- lawsuit/BOAT US consumer consumer protection complaint

Old 11-21-2016, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
You must be mistaken. Clearly one says SONIC and one says SPECTRE.
With our current Administration it is perfectly acceptable for a boat to go by whatever name it wants, depending on how it felt when coming out of the mold. Just because it was built in a Spectre plant, and looks like a Spectre, that does not mean that inside the boat feels like a Spectre. I feel sad for the boats that are confused as to their identity.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DeadLIFT
saw the new sonic OB Kat and really like it- anyone on oso have one?..... did some googling and this came up including boat US statement from 3.15.2016 stating " legal action against sonic boats is ongoing." anyone know what's up with this? what is legal action for?

Date: 4/12/2013

State:

Company: Sonic by Arrow Power Boats and Frisini Motorsports

Product/Model: 36' Sonic Center Consul

Product/Model Year:

Complaint:
Consumer bought a 36' center console boat by Arrow Powerboats and Marine Services. After one month of ownership he had to ship the boat back to factory for repairs. It was in his local dealer again for punchlist items. Now he claims there are structural cracks in the stern. The boat is being shipped back to the factory. Many punch list items still not complete and he is not happy and wants a refund.
This looks as legitimate as Sunkin's bank statement..........a 5th grader could have wrote a better complaint!

And is that how you spell console??????
Old 12-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are so correct….. The Sonic Powerboats complaint on the Boat US site is weak and missing a ton of facts regarding my Sonic Powerboat lawsuit.
Facts like:
1. I had boat in my possession approximately 100 days total in the first 2 ½ years after a real late delivery date. Rest of the time boat was either at the Sonic factory or at Arrow Marine Services to complete original boat build, punchlist items or warranty issues. Loved paying for something I got very little use out of.
2. I am not looking to make $ on Sonic Powerboat lawsuit but only to get reimbursed for:
- Money I spent finishing uncompleted work and punchlist items which were documented in writing 1 day after delivery.
- Having a professional Fiberglass Expert fix the manufacturing structural issue as documented in writing/reports by multiple Marine Professionals.
- And now the expenses to hire an Attorney.
Above are the documented, in writing facts of a file that has hundreds of emails, receipts, and professional reports that are approx 5” thick and documented in the Sonic Powerboat Lawsuit. I tried multiple times to get this resolved with Sonic directly, but finally had to hire an Attorney because nothing was being accomplished.
Sonic Boats maybe putting out a good product now (some models look nice), but that was not the case when I had mine built. Not really sure why a company looking to increase market share would not make good on a product they built and reimburse me for my expenses and move on building boats????? It amazes me all the problems in the boating industry not just with Sonic Powerboats but with many other manufacturers too. To date and based on my attorney’s advice, I have not done any Sonic Powerboat reviews on social media in hope that we can get this resolved.
Just an FYI….. I have been boating 46 years and have own 20+ boats from small sailboats, whaler’s , performance boats, all the way to a 38’ express cruiser purchased brand new….. and NO I have not had any problems like this before on major purchases and never have been part of a lawsuit! I am just a hardworking guy that thought he was building the boat of his dreams! I do believe in KARMA.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JGM36CC
You are so correct….. The Sonic Powerboats complaint on the Boat US site is weak and missing a ton of facts regarding my Sonic Powerboat lawsuit.
Facts like:
1. I had boat in my possession approximately 100 days total in the first 2 ½ years after a real late delivery date. Rest of the time boat was either at the Sonic factory or at Arrow Marine Services to complete original boat build, punchlist items or warranty issues. Loved paying for something I got very little use out of.
2. I am not looking to make $ on Sonic Powerboat lawsuit but only to get reimbursed for:
- Money I spent finishing uncompleted work and punchlist items which were documented in writing 1 day after delivery.
- Having a professional Fiberglass Expert fix the manufacturing structural issue as documented in writing/reports by multiple Marine Professionals.
- And now the expenses to hire an Attorney.
Above are the documented, in writing facts of a file that has hundreds of emails, receipts, and professional reports that are approx 5” thick and documented in the Sonic Powerboat Lawsuit. I tried multiple times to get this resolved with Sonic directly, but finally had to hire an Attorney because nothing was being accomplished.
Sonic Boats maybe putting out a good product now (some models look nice), but that was not the case when I had mine built. Not really sure why a company looking to increase market share would not make good on a product they built and reimburse me for my expenses and move on building boats????? It amazes me all the problems in the boating industry not just with Sonic Powerboats but with many other manufacturers too. To date and based on my attorney’s advice, I have not done any Sonic Powerboat reviews on social media in hope that we can get this resolved.
Just an FYI….. I have been boating 46 years and have own 20+ boats from small sailboats, whaler’s , performance boats, all the way to a 38’ express cruiser purchased brand new….. and NO I have not had any problems like this before on major purchases and never have been part of a lawsuit! I am just a hardworking guy that thought he was building the boat of his dreams! I do believe in KARMA.
I wish you the best Jim.. Sad that this has been going on since 2011. As far as "nice product these days" looks can be deceiving!!!
Old 12-09-2016, 12:51 PM
Registered

Default Sonic Boat Review

Originally Posted by Chuck
I wish you the best Jim.. Sad that this has been going on since 2011. As far as "nice product these days" looks can be deceiving!!!
Thanks Chuck..... I feel your pain too.

In the essence of earning some of this $ back and educating the general public, a writer friend a I have been working on an eBook called:

" The Art of avoiding a BAD deal." (in honor of President Elect Trump)

We feel it necessary to document what can go wrong in any major purchase..... Will be using my boat purchase/build along with examples from other folk's construction projects, employees stealing from their business and a real funny one on a bad deal with a Wedding planner.

Fun fact on my SONIC Boat Build

About 1 week after delivery of my brand new Sonic Boat in 2011, a neighbor who is retire and always walking his dog came knocking at my door. He brought it to my attention that every hour the bilge pump was going on and pumping a few gallons of water from the bilge. Over the next few days, I paid special attention to this matter. Immediately I notified Sonic boats of this issue. When I took boat in to have this and supposedly some of the unfinished/punchlist work completed the biller at Arrow Marine Services said it was a leak and a loose fitting in the hull..... OK- That makes sense. Well, about 1 year later after the Service Manager moved on from Arrow, I was actually informed that the leak was cause during manufacturing and a Sonic employee actually drilled a hole into the bottom of my new boat. The hole was big enough to allow enough water into the hull of boat and to drain the battery over time....... BUT, I was in luck since I bottom painted the boat and the hole was partially filled in with bottom paint.

My writer friend a I have about 100+ more of these fun facts on my Sonic Boat build and we are only through 2012 of my 5" file.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:57 PM
Registered

Default Sonic Boats Complaint

I was lured into building/buying a Sonic Boat based on price..... " If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." Boy, am I paying for it now. In addition, I had to write up my own contract to build the boat..... suggestion..... if you have to write up the contract or remind the party you are dealing with about conversations for anything that should be in the contract - RUN and RUN FAST!!!!!!

This cold weather reminds me of an issue I had with my Sonic. Not sealing the hardtop supports or putting drain holes in supports cost me a few thousand to repair the splits in aluminum when the water inside froze. Again, in my lawsuit against Arrow and Sonic Boats I am looking to recoup my money spent making the boat perfect. Check out these pictures on a few of the splits.

Merry Christmas!

Thanks Chuck..... I feel your pain too.

In the essence of earning some of this $ back and educating the general public, a writer friend a I have been working on an eBook called:

" The Art of avoiding a BAD deal." (in honor of President Elect Trump)

We feel it necessary to document what can go wrong in any major purchase..... Will be using my boat purchase/build along with examples from other folk's construction projects, employees stealing from their business and a real funny one on a bad deal with a Wedding planner.

Fun fact on my SONIC Boat Build

About 1 week after delivery of my brand new Sonic Boat in 2011, a neighbor who is retire and always walking his dog came knocking at my door. He brought it to my attention that every hour the bilge pump was going on and pumping a few gallons of water from the bilge. Over the next few days, I paid special attention to this matter. Immediately I notified Sonic boats of this issue. When I took boat in to have this and supposedly some of the unfinished/punchlist work completed the biller at Arrow Marine Services said it was a leak and a loose fitting in the hull..... OK- That makes sense. Well, about 1 year later after the Service Manager moved on from Arrow, I was actually informed that the leak was cause during manufacturing and a Sonic employee actually drilled a hole into the bottom of my new boat. The hole was big enough to allow enough water into the hull of boat and to drain the battery over time....... BUT, I was in luck since I bottom painted the boat and the hole was partially filled in with bottom paint.

My writer friend a I have about 100+ more of these fun facts on my Sonic Boat build and we are only through 2012 of my 5" file.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:24 AM
Registered

Default Hearing date set

Happy New Year! Good news .... finally have a hearing date for Lawsuit against Sonic/Arrow boats and others. Date has been set for early Feb 2017. Can't wait to get judgment on all 6 counts listed in suit. KARMA
I was lured into building/buying a Sonic Boat based on price..... " If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." Boy, am I paying for it now. In addition, I had to write up my own contract to build the boat..... suggestion..... if you have to write up the contract or remind the party you are dealing with about conversations for anything that should be in the contract - RUN and RUN FAST!!!!!!

This cold weather reminds me of an issue I had with my Sonic. Not sealing the hardtop supports or putting drain holes in supports cost me a few thousand to repair the splits in aluminum when the water inside froze. Again, in my lawsuit against Arrow and Sonic Boats I am looking to recoup my money spent making the boat perfect. Check out these pictures on a few of the splits.

Merry Christmas!

Old 01-27-2017, 09:08 AM
Registered

Even with new owner at Sonic Boats.... Hearing Date coming up shortly. Wonder if this suit was ever disclosed to new owner????????
Happy New Year! Good news .... finally have a hearing date for Lawsuit against Sonic/Arrow boats and others. Date has been set for early Feb 2017. Can't wait to get judgment on all 6 counts listed in suit. KARMA
Old 01-27-2017, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Even with new owner at Sonic Boats.... Hearing Date coming up shortly. Wonder if this suit was ever disclosed to new owner????????
Not sure the new owner will have anything to do with old lawsuits.......Arrow DBA (doing business as) Sonic Boats is your company. New company would be New Company DBA Sonic Boats.

I'm not a lawyer but have sold businesses in the past that were arranged this way so the name stays the same but the actual ownership is different. Part 2 of your issue is collections. Even if you win all 6 counts, get a nice settlement if the parties involved are insolvent then the only one that gets rich is your lawyer.

Good luck, hopefully you get your boat fixed right and a few bucks in your pocket.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:18 PM
Registered

Thanks JS..... Appreciate the input. Not really sure why the new owner would not demand the old owner clean up the past messes they created as these open issues only create a negative Brand Image and make it hard to sell boats. My boat was built as a Sonic, registered as a Sonic, and will be buried as a Sonic. The new owner bought the brand" Sonic" and I am sure the bad product that was put out during the old owners tenure will come back and haunt the new owner. If I was buying a new boat and saw not only my issues but all the other past issues documented on this website and in every internet search engine.... I would stay away. Personally.... I have loved the Old Sonic Boats for many years and wish the new owner much success to bring this legendary brand back.

By the way.... who would be responsible to honor the 10 year Hull warranty?
My suit not only lists Arrow, Sonic Boats but individuals..... guess this is good for my case????

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Not sure the new owner will have anything to do with old lawsuits.......Arrow DBA (doing business as) Sonic Boats is your company. New company would be New Company DBA Sonic Boats.

I'm not a lawyer but have sold businesses in the past that were arranged this way so the name stays the same but the actual ownership is different. Part 2 of your issue is collections. Even if you win all 6 counts, get a nice settlement if the parties involved are insolvent then the only one that gets rich is your lawyer.

Good luck, hopefully you get your boat fixed right and a few bucks in your pocket.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.