Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Another oil question (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/338680-another-oil-question.html)

32 Active Thunder 06-27-2016 12:07 PM

Another oil question

Does anybody run Schaeffers oil in the blue motors or any other motor for that matter?? I was thinking about running the 20-50 v twin in mine

F-2 Speedy 06-27-2016 12:37 PM

I thought they made Beer..................there are some guys on here running motorcycle oil

Knot 4 Me 06-27-2016 12:44 PM

Schaeffer 20W50 syn in 520 HP 489's. Myrick at PBC recommended it.

ben 06-27-2016 01:07 PM

I run Schaffers oil in everything I own that has a motor, except for my boat. For some reason I feel more comfortable running Brad Penn in my boat although my second choice would be Schaffers.

Donziben 06-27-2016 09:47 PM

I used to run Kendall 20-50 in my boat. I switched to Schaeffers 20-50. The company is located in Stl. and has been around forever. They made there name/reputation with heavy tractors and farm equipment. It's good stuff. The rep came to PBC's shop and did a ball bearing test. The machine had a handle that you put pressure on and see if you could stop it or how long before it would stop. We put it up against everything we had in the shop. Kendall, royal purple, Brad penn, valvoline vr1, castrol GTX, you name it. It out performed every single one. We didn't believe it till he let every single one of us try it for ourselves. Needless to say, I switched oils in the boat. One of our mechanics switched to it in everything he owns, he used to run Brad Penn.

SB 06-27-2016 09:50 PM

Bleach works well in that test too.

We had a slick 50 guy come by and do that same test. It was what made me look into that test.

Anyway,just letting you know that test is bullchit.

And I'm serious about the bleach.

Good news, Schaeffers is supposed to be really good and a lot of people swear by it.

Gimme Fuel 06-28-2016 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by SB (Post 4453841)
Bleach works well in that test too.

We had a slick 50 guy come by and do that same test. It was what made me look into that test.

Anyway,just letting you know that test is bullchit.

And I'm serious about the bleach.

Good news, Schaeffers is supposed to be really good and a lot of people swear by it.

Show me a test, and I'll show you someone who knows how to beat it. I'd believe the bleach thing.

Donziben 06-28-2016 07:23 AM

I hear what you guys are saying. We were all very skeptical also. Either way, after doing the test, each on of us ourselves, it made us believers. We started carrying it and offering it to customers. It's good stuff. Don't hesitate to run it if your thinking about it.

Knot 4 Me 06-28-2016 10:15 AM

Definitely big in the diesel world so it can't suck too bad.

32 Active Thunder 06-28-2016 10:48 AM

It is big in the diesel world!! The regular 20-50 it says not for marine use on there website that concerns me. But the vtwin 20-50 doesnt