Notices

"If I ran OSO..."

Old 07-06-2016, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats all great about using hosting sites , but when they change, poof the photos are gone . I've looked at many old threads and many if not most of the pics are no longer available to see.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Just to be accurate, when Steve ran OSO during the boom years you had to be a member to post AND SEE pictures. That was the site's income stream. Memberships, classifieds and some sponsorships.

However, with 99.9% of the internet free for pictures that should be the norm now.
I think I joined around 2000 with my original screen name(before it was stolen) and it seemed like pictures were able to be posted for several years without being a paying member. But, my memory may be fading a bit!

Speaking of screen names, giving me my original screen name back would make OSO better!
Old 07-06-2016, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
I think I joined around 2000 with my original screen name(before it was stolen) and it seemed like pictures were able to be posted for several years without being a paying member. But, my memory may be fading a bit!

Speaking of screen names, giving me my original screen name back would make OSO better!
Yeah just had to be a member to see pics. Then the world ended when the 20 dollar annual fee started. Everyone started posting everything through photobucket to avoid the membership lol.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Bring back Sunkin, Cashbrain, Big Scotty, TooOld, the molester state cop and all the other jerk offs and their camp followers. Then tell me how good the old days were.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I would do something about all the damn adds bogging down the damn forums!!!! It takes forever to reload a page cause all the crap has to reload to....
Old 07-06-2016, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Bring back Sunkin, Cashbrain, Big Scotty, TooOld, the molester state cop and all the other jerk offs and their camp followers. Then tell me how good the old days were.
I'm sure people just like them are on here now. We just don't know it yet!
Old 07-06-2016, 08:09 PM
BL6
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd start a Verado section
Old 07-06-2016, 08:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

Just adding to the pic attachment, not everyone has or wants to put pics up on hosting sites.
I admit my internet knowledge is pretty basic and I don't understand how you can attach pics from these hosting sites but I've also clicked on pictures attached and it has given me access to many other photos people have stored in their 'photobucket'.

I'm sure there is a way the poster can negate this but wouldn't it be easier to just make picture posting available anyway? As stated, there is a way around the system as it stands now, it's just matter of time until some 10 year old comes along and shows me how to do it........

Maybe you would need some other incentive to encourage members to pay an annual fee to help on revenue but if we could all post pics the normal way, it would be good for online traffic and keeping threads interesting.

RR
Old 07-07-2016, 11:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I wouldnt delete peoples posts and call them combative, just because it isnt what you want to hear. It doesnt make it not the truth.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

As for pics and such, i come to oso to read on oso. I dont care if someone posts fifty times a day to read content, if an redirect takes me to another site i immediatly close it. Then i have to look at all their spam so they can make a buck. If you are going to take the time to start a new thread here, then post the content here. This goes for any "contributor" here, i will never read or comment if all you do is post a quick sentence and a link to go somewhere else...

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 07-07-2016 at 11:47 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.