Notices

"If I ran OSO..."

Old 07-06-2016, 12:32 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

I would answer people back that wanted to take a add out. so they didn't get my money the last 2 years.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Post pics without a membership.....people like to see and post pictures
Old 07-06-2016, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GRH
Allow ANYONE to post pictures... this site originally allowed this & was far more active because of it....members posted pics of there weekend outings & it allowed other members to see what they might be missing in other areas of the country....eliminate paid membership completely... remove restrictions to access certain areas on the site.... point is if this is supposed to be a "public forum" as it was 15 years ago then allow everyone the same opportunity to view, post(pictures) and discuss all things boating....

now... back to reality
Excellent points, especially about the pictures. I agree, that would increase activity.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

If I ran OSO, I would make it as easy as possible to post pictures and video's.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I still don't understand the complaint about pics and vids?

It's just as easy to have your photobucket tab open next to OSO and copy/paste one link to post a pic.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
If I ran OSO, I would make it as easy as possible to post pictures and video's.
Originally Posted by TBAG
I still don't understand the complaint about pics and vids?

It's just as easy to have your photobucket tab open next to OSO and copy/paste one link to post a pic.
Is the restriction specifically that you have to be a member in order to have an OSO album? Because TBAG is right -- anyone can post photos hosted at 3rd party sites like Photobucket or Flickr...
Old 07-06-2016, 02:56 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by GRH
eliminate paid membership completely... remove restrictions to access certain areas on the site.... point is if this is supposed to be a "public forum" as it was 15 years ago then allow everyone the same opportunity to view, post(pictures) and discuss all things boating....

now... back to reality
Just to be accurate, when Steve ran OSO during the boom years you had to be a member to post AND SEE pictures. That was the site's income stream. Memberships, classifieds and some sponsorships.

However, with 99.9% of the internet free for pictures that should be the norm now.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:08 PM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Just to be accurate, when Steve ran OSO during the boom years you had to be a member to post AND SEE pictures. That was the site's income stream. Memberships, classifieds and some sponsorships.

However, with 99.9% of the internet free for pictures that should be the norm now.

Not the way I remember it? I posted pictures many times in the beginning & I remember when the change was made....many were verbal about thier disdain for the membership fee & many were banned because for thier vocal objections...
Old 07-06-2016, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar

+1
Old 07-06-2016, 03:59 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by GRH
Not the way I remember it? I posted pictures many times in the beginning & I remember when the change was made....many were verbal about thier disdain for the membership fee & many were banned because for thier vocal objections...
I think from 2000-2002 it was possibly free. After that it went to the paid parts. Either way it's ancient history and the norm is free free free.

I didn't join until Nov '02 so i only know the way I remember it. Hell, I have PM's from back them still.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.