Thank you Birch Point Marina, Bobcaygeon Ontario >

Thank you Birch Point Marina, Bobcaygeon Ontario

Notices

Thank you Birch Point Marina, Bobcaygeon Ontario

Old 07-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Thank you Birch Point Marina, Bobcaygeon Ontario

If any performance boaters, or any power boaters, happen to be enjoying the Kawartha Lakes boating experience and run into mechanical gremlins, Birch Point Marina should be your first call. Since the beginning of this season my port engine water pressure gauge has been giving me low readings, two previous marinas told me it was most likely a gauge malfunction. I changed the impeller and no change on the gauge. It still bugged me, so I called Jeff at Birch Point and asked if he would take care of a few maintenance issues while I was visiting the Kawarthas, including checking the water pressure sensor. When I arrived this morning, I dropped the boat off (in the water at the marina) and left it with him. Jeff put his mechanic (Greg, an obvious very competent mechanic) on it first thing, took care of the maintenance issues, and discovered the impeller pump/fuel pump assembly bearing was seizing because a seal had failed and gas had washed out the lube. Now while this may be a minor fix for most, two previous (Mecury authorized) marinas missed it, and one of them serviced the fuel pump. Not only did Jeff's crew take care of my issue, but he had all the parts in stock, and got me away the same day. Btw, port water pressure gauge reads normally again. I spoke to some of the locals here, and was told, Birch Point Marina doesn't just have a good reputation, they have a GREAT reputation for service and quality.