Notices

Chevy Avalanche

Old 09-29-2002, 11:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen a few that have had the cladding painted. The dealer I bought mine from said they will paint it for something like 1K or so. They use a special paint that adheres well to the plastic and it really looks good. If I get another one, I'd probably buy it and paint the plastic.

Here's some pics of one

http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/superair01

Last edited by Bill272; 09-29-2002 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-30-2002, 05:57 AM
Registered

Avalanche's.....the ugliest thing to roll down the pike. Nothing but an air hauler for trucker wannabe's. Especially the Cadillac version
Old 09-30-2002, 06:06 AM
Registered

That is pretty cool with the plastic painted. Heck, in three years I want another tow vehicle because I hope to move up in size of boat, 33' range.

I think I would consider the Avalanch w/diesel Allison combo having seen the painted plastic. Looks nice!
Old 09-30-2002, 06:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I just bought our second 2002 2500 crew cab, diesel/allison combo. I like the way the Avalanche looks and would have bought one with the Diesel package. The ride of the 3/4 ton package is awesomeas well as the built in storage compartments and storage lid.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:16 AM
Registered

Dude, if I were a "trucker wannabe", I'd have bought a 2500 pickup. And then I'd put a couple Calvin pissing on the Ford logo stickers on the window and called it good. You make it sound like anyone who isn't hauling a bed full of stuff around everyday is just a poser. Well, I carry stuff around in the back and I pull a boat. I don't wannabe a trucker, I just need something to pull my boat around with. It makes for a practical daily driver, and it doesn't look like everything else out on the road. It's not for everybody, that's for sure...
Old 09-30-2002, 07:19 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The painted version looks cool! when can you get the un-clad?Has GM got any good leases on them?????
Old 09-30-2002, 07:41 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I bought a 2500 (8.1/4spd Auto) in July. Overall, I really like the truck, a lot. It just got out of the shop on Friday though. The tranny had the valve body replaced. Not sure why the tranny was having problems. I have about 5000 miles on it, and it tows my 26' Sonic on the trailer, full of fuel, and 7000+ pounds, just fine. (85+ mph no sweat.) There is no squat in the rear end, and 1 MILLION TIMES better towing than my 1996 2dr 4wd Tahoe. The 2500 AV rides very smooth.

The 6.0 is not available in the AV. Neither is the Duramax, or the Allison. The Duramax must have the ZF 6spd, or the Allison tranny, and the neither tranny will fit in the (Suburban) frame rails. The 6.0 is available in the Cadillac (Escalade EXT). I drove it, and did not like it. Its powerband is very high, which is not good for towing.

My Brother-in-law has the exact same truck I do. He loves his, and has had it since January, with relatively no problems. He had a front shock tower that cracked, but was also replaced under warranty.

I would highly recommend the truck. The WBH model (less body cladding) is not available yet. You should see it around March or so from what I am told. The 2003s also have DARKER plastic. I am not sure why they did that. but it looks awesome on a black truck. You can tell a difference when you have a 2002 and a 2003 side by side.

Do not ask about gas mileage. It is bad; however, if you have any other questions, please shoot them my way.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:44 AM
Registered

"Avalanche's.....the ugliest thing to roll down the pike. Nothing but an air hauler for trucker wannabe's. Especially the Cadillac version"

Here is what I say to that..

"As for the styling when I bought mine and there was an older couple (60's or so) at the dealer and they walked out the door just infront of me. I over heard the man say it was the uglist truck he has ever seen and that just brought a smile to my face. If you like different this is it. "

You like it. You pay for it. You enjoy it. Meets your needs. Who gives a chit what others say Bill272. In my opinion, being different is what is cool.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:46 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

"Avalanche's.....the ugliest thing to roll down the pike"

I guess you haven't seen a Aztec

The painted version doesn't look too bad I'm sure the black is helping it.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:30 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

btw... I have the 8.1/4spd Auto/4.10 rear end.

Quick Reply: Chevy Avalanche

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.