Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone ever hear of predator marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/339110-anyone-ever-hear-predator-marine.html)

Svtchris 07-10-2016 09:06 AM

Anyone ever hear of predator marine

I'm looking at a 1990 predator marine mongoose 244 but never heard of them if anyone has any helpful info that would be great

Speedracer29 07-10-2016 09:15 AM

Bob Metzler bought out Jim Klym, notorious builder of " Klem Gems " (Magnum splashes), and Predator was born.

MIC: PRD Status: Inactive
Company: PREDATOR MARINE Company Official: METZLER, R
Parent Company: Parent MIC:
Address: 16834 CHESTERFIELD City: E. DETROIT
State: MI Zip: 48021
Fax: In Business: Thursday, September 22, 1988
Out of Business: Friday, December 12, 1997 Date Modified: Monday, November 02, 1998
Type: Inboards, Cabin Cruisers
Inboard/Outboard, Sterndrive, Inboard/Outdrive

See also: Lake St Clair Magnums, Aero, Lancer, Marine Dynamics, Klym, Klem, Clem

Svtchris 07-10-2016 09:25 AM

Are the hulls any good anything I should know about them

Speedracer29 07-10-2016 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Svtchris (Post 4457875)

You should spend your morning using the search function for the terms I added in my last reply and then consider a survey before plunking down money.

hotstang46 07-10-2016 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Svtchris (Post 4457875)

I have a guy with one on a local lake here, saw it for the first time yesterday. Nice looking boat in the water. Maybe a bit more crude and spartan (by design) than the likes of my formula. Like more of an all business purpose built race boat?

Speedracer29 07-10-2016 09:42 AM

I'm guessing you're talking about the one in Grosse Ile... You may also want to check for Aero on CL, there's a red and white one in White Lake. Same hull, different name, has a trailer, looks to be well cared for. There's also a 265 Seebold Eagle in Lake Orion for $10.9k.

I'll say this- those Klem splashes were hit and miss on build quality, and I don't think all of them were "arrow straight" hulls. The 24 was an Excalibur splash, I think. Sold as Cheetah, Panther, Aero, etc. Similar to Pantera, P&D, Jaws, etc. in hull design.

Edit- h2oboater is online and should be along shortly to school the unitiated on the intricacies of the Klem Gems.

glassdave 07-10-2016 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Speedracer29 (Post 4457882)
I'm guessing you're talking about the one in Grosse Ile... You may also want to check for Aero on CL, there's a red and white one in White Lake. Same hull, different name, has a trailer, looks to be well cared for. There's also a 265 Seebold Eagle in Lake Orion for $10.9k.

I'll say this- those Klem splashes were hit and miss on build quality, and I don't think all of them were "arrow straight" hulls.

True that, i have seen really good ones and really bad ones. Seems Klym also got a lot of his rigging hardware from home depot lol

h2oboater 07-10-2016 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 4457888)
True that, i have seen really good ones and really bad ones. Seems Klym also got a lot of his rigging hardware from home depot lol

Dave SO TRUE !! Mark