Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What has happened here?  Please read >

What has happened here? Please read

Notices

What has happened here? Please read

Old 09-30-2002, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for recognizing the efforts Mark.

We have changed the Gold Membership to $29.95 for one year instead of six months. If you sell one part you paid for it and the rest of the year is free.

50% of the visitors per day (6,000 total per day) use the Bulletin Board and 50% use the Formal classifieds. If you are trying to sell your parts keep that in mind.

OSO
Old 09-30-2002, 07:16 PM
jb
Registered

Also,
I jumped in on this thread earlier to speak regarding the parts section, thats it. I have no problem with any other aspect of the boards current situation.
They created a great little business. Advertisers take notice.
The information, stories, good times, and people are priceless.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:21 PM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Dan - If OSO were to remain "free and non-commercial" as it was before - we would still be enduring the days of "Neuspeed" and a bunch of other knuckleheads who would be ruining it for everyone. Where do you think the funding would come from to maintain the integrity of the site and to continue to upgrade the software and benefits you are receiving. The old OSO would have been eaten alive by competitors, hackers, and anyone else willing to take a shot at us. The bottom line is that everything you see and experience here is a result of hard work, dedication, and dollars. You are one of the most active participants on the Board. I am surprised that your support is marginal when the site - as a valuable form of entertainment and a plethora of information for you - has really never cost you anything. We're talking about the equivalent to dinner and movie one night! Is that all OSO has been worth to you?
Old 09-30-2002, 07:26 PM
Registered

JB-

We would rather you go to the OSO Store and purchase a t-shirt and be proud when you wear it. We refuse to take money from you and make you different from anyone else. You can put whatever title you would like under your name in the user options section of your profile.

OSO
Old 09-30-2002, 07:50 PM
Registered

Default Simple Stuff Here.................

This site is FREE.

You don't have to become a "member" to ask a question about your outdrive.......it's FREE!

You don't have to become a "member" to post a picture of your boating weekend.......it's FREE!

You don't have to become a "member" to answer a question about an OSO get together.......it's FREE!

You don't have to become a "member" to tell you boating buddies about your "girl" problems.......it's FREE!

You don't have to become a "member" to tap the vast knowledge of your boating peers.......it's FREE!

YOU SHOULD BE A MEMBER TO:

Post all the clasified ads you want (do you know what Boat Trader, News Papers or even EBay charges....gezzzz!)

Get an awesome discount on all the OSO clothing (it's all I wear now and I've saved a ton on clothing).

You get free T-Shirts........(this is above and beyond the normal clothing I wear mentioned above).

You get a free sticker.............(use your left brain and figure out where you can stick that!).

You get to download an AWESOME offshore video...........(we know how all you LOTO people will feel when watching this AFTER winterizing your boat).

All in all..............www.OffshoreOnly.com is THE only offshore site there is that makes sense!

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 09-30-2002 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:54 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Simple Stuff Here.................

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
This site is FREE.

You get a free sticker.............(use your left brain and figure out where you can stick that!).

Why do I have that AIDS/Adidas Joke in my head right now

Jon
Old 09-30-2002, 08:01 PM
DanL

I just wrote a 2 page reply and the page expired,dammit!! Hey, Jeffrey and Steve, I'm not belly aching about the evolution, just the experiences along the way. Its your forum,your brain child, but the collective member knowledge and the ability to sell some un-needed stuff was the motivation for me. The board is evolving into a commercial entity but you may just not want to admit it outright. You can't walk into my place and tell me how to run it. I commend your progress and decisions. Jeffrey, remember when you said some will resist change, I'm probably one of those people. I believe the overall perception of OSO is a grand one. Newbies that roll in here must think they've gone to heaven. I only wish you were doing this 10 years ago. Would have saved me a lot of mistakes and money. Anyway, I probably should have stayed out of this one.

Old 09-30-2002, 08:04 PM
jb
Registered

Originally posted by DanL
Anyway, I probably should have stayed out of this one. [/B]
ME TOO
Old 09-30-2002, 08:10 PM
Registered

JB-

I apologize for not saying thank you for your offer to donate in my last post.

OSO
Old 09-30-2002, 08:24 PM
Registered

Dinner and a movie for my wife and daughter tonight $60.00 .....

the time I've spent on OSO ..........priceless

Quick Reply: What has happened here? Please read

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.