Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who Makes The Best Trail Sled......snowmobiles Guys!!!! >

Who Makes The Best Trail Sled......snowmobiles Guys!!!!

Notices

Who Makes The Best Trail Sled......snowmobiles Guys!!!!

Old 11-22-2002, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Who Makes The Best Trail Sled......snowmobiles Guys!!!!

ARCTIC CAT... F7
SKI DOO MXZ REV
YAMAHA?
Old 11-22-2002, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The F7 should be quite a ride. It weighs435# with 140hp and has a narrower track which should make it a great trail sled

The MXZ is about 470# with either the 700 or 800cc. It has 14.5" of rear suspension and 9.5" in front.

Are you asking about the Yamaha RX-1 ? If so, I'm not sure on the weight but I would think that it would be fairly heavy. American Snowmobiler called it more of a lake runner or smooth trails rather than a ditch banger for what it's worth.

You can pretty much guess what my choice would be though can't ya?
Old 11-22-2002, 10:00 PM
packinair

SNOW SUCKS

Old 11-22-2002, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Thundercat of course. I don't care how heavy it is, it will rocket you to the next corner so fast you better not blink. Plus i'm a big boy and I don't need no lightweight sewing machine. I can throw this thing around like a kitty cat "There is no replacement for displacement" quoted by me to the loser I just sent in the ditch
Old 11-23-2002, 06:52 AM
Registered

Mitch ,
I have to agree with you , the wieght isn't really that much of a factor. I ride with people that have Tcats,ZRT800's,MachZ's,XCR800's and a couple of ZR800's and we all can throw them thru the trails pretty good. The only thing is if you ride a big bore heavy sled you will be way more fatiqued (sp) at the end of the day.
Unless your racing cross country or snow cross what is 20lbs going to do?

All the sleds you mentioned are going to be great trail sleds.
Old 11-23-2002, 07:41 AM
Registered

I'll agree with you there because my ZR800 doesn't seem heavy at all to me (but then I have a lot of lard ass to haul around too )

I was keeping the comments to those on his original list. Notice how I left the best one out (ZR800efi)
Old 11-23-2002, 07:56 AM
Registered

The only problem I see with riding a big powerful sled is that if the ski's are in the air, you sure can't steer very well. The trail also makes a difference. I've been on a few tight trails, that a 1000cc sled wont't do you any good, and on the other hand, I've been on a few trails where I wish I had 1500cc's. My 2 cents and 101st post.
Old 11-23-2002, 08:09 AM
Registered

Yeh they are all great and you could certianly beat any one of these on any given day. I just like the 30-100 blast you get from a big block. 26 you are right it is a workout. Thats why I have a low windsheild and wear layers, that way I can stay cool and fog free. Even on the coldest day I am warm from the workout. 26, playn and any other MI people we need to plan a ride. I don't care where as long as there is snow. I promiss I won' be flexing on the trail, no need to end up in the woods. I will try to drink more though, of course after the ride.
Old 11-23-2002, 08:13 AM
Registered

We've got a group going to Muinsing the day after Christmas for 2 weeks. Anybody else gonna be in the area? We could try to meet at the Buckhorn.
Old 11-23-2002, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I have to agree with Mitch, I`ve got a '01 ZRT 800 and it`s fine in the trails. I`m a big guy also and it`s a bigger sled that fits my frame better than those silly little sleds and when you`re out on the lake there is not many who can beat you.

I`m not a brand loyal guy at all, just seem to have had great luck with Arctic Cat, but thay new Yamaha R1 four stroke really interests me.

Quick Reply: Who Makes The Best Trail Sled......snowmobiles Guys!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.