Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Well, I have offically joined the ranks... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/33957-well-i-have-offically-joined-ranks.html)

candyman35 10-01-2002 09:25 AM

Hey Cord,
Any idea what gets changed to allow the use of my email? My email is [email protected].
Dan

Ratchet 10-01-2002 09:45 AM

Cool

Congrats.......great feeling huh ? I just upgraded, so I can relate.

I'm running latham steering on my boat, and a suggestion that someone made, that actually worked out well, was to get an engine oil cooler and run that on the return side of the power steering. He's done this on all of his boats.

I did this & it worked out well.............no puke tank required !

I run my engines between 5 & 6000 RPMS. And I am using the stock pulleys, so I would have to believe that the cooler is doing the job.

I used a 9 inch cooler, which was under $100 unpainted (I think, only Visa knows for sure - ha). A nice blast of black paint, some custom attachement to the offshore mount below, and I was on my way.

I can't garauntee it will work in your app, but I've seen it done, and did it, and I'm happy with it.

RJ

Cord 10-01-2002 10:55 AM

Candy-look under "user options", "edit profile". You should see your address. Go to "edit options" and make sure you have "Hide e-mail address" marked "No".

Ratchet-are you using the cooler as a resevoir or as a cooler? I ask because I do have a ps cooler.

hp500efi 10-01-2002 11:41 AM

Tim, that's great news. Hard work does pay off :)

Pics look good.

Next year we will definately need to hook up on the Mississippi and let er loose ;)

Jeff

Cord 10-01-2002 12:01 PM

Well, I'll be sure to bring the donkey dicks along, 'cause there is NO WAY I'll pass through Red Wing.

Ratchet 10-01-2002 12:38 PM

Using it as a cooler

Cord,

Im using it as a cooler. But as opposed to most, instead of using the normal powersteering cooler ("stockers" are small), I am using an engine oil cooler. It is a 2" x 9" or 10" cooler.

Note: When using any cooler, you should have the flow of water opposing that of the oil, or pwr steering fluid, or whatever to be the most efficient.

I forgot what a puke tank costs, but if you get one, if I recall correctly, you also to buy / weld a fitting on the pump itself (unless they make a special cap with a hose fitting for the pumps)

I personally like the larger cooler with no tank........just a cleaner look I guess.

candyman35 10-01-2002 04:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Deck graphics! :D

Cord 10-01-2002 04:58 PM

OK, so what was the trick?:rolleyes:

candyman35 10-01-2002 06:15 PM

Ancient Chinese secret! :D :D :D

WETTE VETTE 10-01-2002 06:49 PM

Nice job!!! It looks great. Let us know how it runs after you get some time on it and let her wind out a few times. Cool graphics!