Good, fast family boat???? >

Good, fast family boat????

Notices

Good, fast family boat????

Old 08-16-2016, 09:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

^^^^^^^^ Why stop there, get one of the 65's instead!

The OP is keeping tight lipped about the budget....... Any idea how much you want to spend? You started looking at 'free' so anything is an increase. Give us a range, say up to 20k or 20-30k or 30-40k...... You'll get lots of good ideas here but without a clue on $$$, it's a bit hard.

RR
Old 08-16-2016, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

Mach1, Is your ZX for sale? I looked at one at the Old Hickory fun run and absolutely loved it. The OP needs mine
Old 08-16-2016, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Everything is for sale for the right price lol but really no its not. It is a great boat and really fits all of are needs. And looks good on the water too I think...
Old 08-17-2016, 05:39 AM
Registered

Received 532 Likes on 329 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...54-o66575.html

. . . . . . . . . $16K

31 foot checkmate, twin I/O, fresh water use, no bottom paint

Old 08-17-2016, 06:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to go off the topic, but I also am looking at this same predicament. Need something that we can bring our two daughters with us (5 and 4) and still do some mild watersports. I have been looking at a Powerquest 260 SX because Ive heard good things about its rough water capability and it will also do some decent speed so I can take it on some fun runs and smaller poker run events. I also need to stay around this length so I can store it in the garage (have about 33 ft to work with). Is this a decent choice? Ive been trying to read up as much as possible and gain some knowledge so it seemed like a good fit.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread. Didnt seem necessary to create another post
Old 08-17-2016, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Buy the Checkmate for fun, buy a pontoon for the family!
Old 08-17-2016, 08:47 AM
Registered

Hello everyone,

New guy from New York.

I saw this post and have similar questions. However, my Wife and I have decided an open bow is the way to go for the four of us. We won't spend the night on it so a full cabin is all but a waist to us.

I like the looks of the Nordic Rage 25', mid cabin. Are there other offerings in this class with single power and open bow I should consider?

Thanks, Jim
Old 08-17-2016, 10:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jimmyk
Hello everyone,

New guy from New York.

I saw this post and have similar questions. However, my Wife and I have decided an open bow is the way to go for the four of us. We won't spend the night on it so a full cabin is all but a waist to us.

I like the looks of the Nordic Rage 25', mid cabin. Are there other offerings in this class with single power and open bow I should consider?

Thanks, Jim
I was also looking at the Nordic Rage mid cabin open bow. They are really sleek boats with great powerplants but I did hear they dont like the rough water so much. From what I have seen and heard, everyone is pointing me to a 24 degree deadrise, where as the Rage has a 22 degree dead rise. Very cool boats, but hard to find one on the east coast. If you primarily do lake boating, I think it would serve you right. I do both lake and bay and the bay can get chopped up at times.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

I am not actively trying to sell my 28 Advantage MCOB, but I have offered it to a couple of people at a great price. I am ready to move up. 75 mph and I just had 6 people on it for the whole weekend at the Nashville poker run with plenty of room
Old 08-17-2016, 12:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RidnMcNasty
I was also looking at the Nordic Rage mid cabin open bow. They are really sleek boats with great powerplants but I did hear they dont like the rough water so much. From what I have seen and heard, everyone is pointing me to a 24 degree deadrise, where as the Rage has a 22 degree dead rise. Very cool boats, but hard to find one on the east coast. If you primarily do lake boating, I think it would serve you right. I do both lake and bay and the bay can get chopped up at times.
Yea, I love the looks and reported speed! I know I will need to travel to get a Nordic(any boat really) but I'm willing for the right boat.

My boating will only be done in the upstate NY, finger lakes region. Keuke(pfff 45 speed limit), Seneca(largest and closest to me) and Cayuga(Ithaca NY, odd people!). All are really great lakes but Seneca is my main lake and it can get fairly rough if the weather gets crappy or there is a strong wind.

With that said, I am all ears if you have other boats in mind that will fit my bill...

Thanks, Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.