Good, fast family boat????

Notices

Good, fast family boat????

Old 08-18-2016, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Those are both solid deals!

I think that 382 has a ton of potential and it has a race fairing (not common)!. The peeling paint is the excuse for the paint update and that boat would look 15 years newer!
Old 08-18-2016, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Im no legal expert, nor do I play one on TV... But Im guessing that being on disability, If somebody catches you doing major rehab on a boat for fun and excitment, well the disability check writing people may not be very happy....

Again I don't know your particular situation, just dont want to see you become datelines feature of the week.......
Its for PTSD, ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION. I was told to keep busy to keep my mind off of things, im not a good person out in public as everything gets ALOT worse so thats the reason.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jdinvt
Roomy as far as a cabin for over nighters or out for the weekend. Cockpit area dont really matter I guess because we will be able to spread out for the day and swim and soak up some sun. Fast, maybe around 60 to 65 with 4 people, 2 being teens and 2 adults. Would also prefer a wide beam as well. Hope this answers these questions.
Alternatively you could look toward something with a bigger cockpit layout and a camper cover. Something like a Searay SS or a Formula SS sounds like it might fit your plans perfect. Both are Sporty Looking and will run pretty quick. You could also look to a CC with a small cabin and a camper cover, this would allow air mattress on floor (I have a 30 CC and the cabin is just big enuff for me and the wife, I plan to have a camper cover made that will snap to the arch and come down to the cabin door, thus extending the "living space")

Last edited by low_psi; 08-18-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmyk
Hello everyone,

New guy from New York.

I saw this post and have similar questions. However, my Wife and I have decided an open bow is the way to go for the four of us. We won't spend the night on it so a full cabin is all but a waist to us.

I like the looks of the Nordic Rage 25', mid cabin. Are there other offerings in this class with single power and open bow I should consider?

Thanks, Jim
JimmyK,

Send BradmanVA a PM...He's got a 2007 Donzi ZXO with twin 6.2 motors...I know this boat first hand and its perfect...very close friend. I know with new kid on the way he' looking to let it go. You can also contact Harbor Marine at 757-961-9411 to get details of it. This might be the perfect fit for you and your family.

Chris
Old 08-18-2016, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with a 42 mti
Old 08-18-2016, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew555
I would go with a 42 mti
Ummm I don't know...... even for free still sounds expensive.....
Old 08-18-2016, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

next question: where be ye? free boats, especially without trailers aren't gonna float down in your driveway. 1000 miles away costs about 1000 bucks if you go there and drag it home yourself time you factor in a couple days of your time, motel rooms, fuel, trailer bearings and tires...assuming you have a big enough truck already. and what type of water?
Old 08-18-2016, 09:18 PM
Registered

I was forking around... There is not ( really ) a family oriented proformance boat.... It needs to be a proformance oriented family or it's a sea ray
Old 08-18-2016, 09:20 PM
Registered

I got 4 kids under 11 yo all boys. I'm starting to think my wife and kids like the boat and speed more then me.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by jdinvt
Its for PTSD, ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION. I was told to keep busy to keep my mind off of things, im not a good person out in public as everything gets ALOT worse so thats the reason.
Veteran? If so, I thank you for your service to our country. If there is anything I cn do to help you in your endevour, let me know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.