Notices

mini hawk porpois

Old 08-17-2016, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default mini hawk porpois

My cousin just bought a mini hawk with a 40hp Evinrude on it. Took it for a ride and cant get it to stop porpoising. I don't think you could even power through it.Small 6 gal fuel tank under bow, battery behind seat and elect trim. Soon as it's on plane,trim all the way down the bow starts spanking water like crazy! Thought of lowering engine on transom,its bolted all the way up but don't know it that will work. Too much motor? Do they make mini tabs? Previous owner said put battery up front also. I think that's all he needs is fuel and battery bouncing around. Any ideas, any body? Besides that
Old 08-17-2016, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had one with a 35hp merc long shaft. Built transom plate to raise propellor up. Yes we porpoised all the time. Moved the battery as far forward and anything else went up in the bow. My buddy and I would lean forward with arm on the deck to try stop the hop.

Fun little toy for the summer!!
Old 08-17-2016, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

bolt a dolphin to the cav. plate on the outboard , hop stopped in mine but went a bit slower
Old 08-17-2016, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

get the prop tweaked???