Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Prayers sent to all my boating family in Louisiana. >

Prayers sent to all my boating family in Louisiana.

Notices

Prayers sent to all my boating family in Louisiana.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prayers sent to all my boating family in Louisiana.

Casey an everyone I know here in Louisiana are going through rebuilds. I lost everything I own. My boats safe on high land but it got to the hubs. I thought I lost it to. All of you that have run the Ticfaw 200 know how beautiful it is here. Everything's under water. They say this is a 1000 year flood. The storm with no name that flooded Louisiana. Thanks for your prayers. I just let my membership run out an have to save money for my rebuild. So I can't post pictures. Sorry
Old 08-17-2016, 08:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hang in there.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:42 PM
Registered

Thank you Sir. We have a big battle to fight. We will move on from this. See you next year
Old 08-17-2016, 10:49 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,090 Likes on 1,392 Posts

We've been following it up here in the very NE and praying for all of you down there.

Horrible !

Glad you are alive. Bummed that you lost big.

As hard as it may seem, keep the chin up.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:15 PM
Registered

Thank you SB. God Bless
Old 08-18-2016, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Best of luck. We lost cars, house and personal stuff during Sandy. It is hard to know where to start, but every day gets a little brighter. Dont let it overwhelm you.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,119 Likes on 469 Posts

On a much smaller scale, I was flooded in Sep last year. Lost my car, furniture, a few personal items, lots of flood damage to timber floors and built in stuff and a few electrical gremlins that still haunt me now. As the flood waters rise there is absolutely nothing one can do. It's a hopeless situation.

A few days after the water had receded and we returned to see the damage, it was so depressing, I just felt like giving up. I wasn't financially ruined but to see the damage, is soul destroying and thanks to others around me, even strangers, I never quite lost hope.

Others can't replace your memories, rebuild your house, replace your valuables etc but they can offer some comfort. You WILL rebuild and move forward, it's just something people manage to do but it may take time.

All the best,
Jon.

Last edited by rak rua; 08-18-2016 at 06:56 AM.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:39 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Best of luck to all of you guys down there. I've been watching all of the devastation and it's horrible. Sad part is it's not getting much news coverage because it didn't hit the ninth ward types this time. If it hit the ghetto and people were shooting at the rescuers again, it would definitely get more press. Here's a before and after shot of Blood River from a friend.
Attached Thumbnails Prayers sent to all my boating family in Louisiana.-img_9891.jpg  
Old 08-18-2016, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your neighbors to the north are praying for you guys! Hang tough and just know, better times are ahead.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You are in are prayers. Some of my best friends are from NOLA and they are all pulling together to head your way to help. Michael Pierce (OL XXX), AJ (40 Skater No Plans) and more. That is the BEST thing about Louisiana. It doesn't matter the color or your skin, Chinese, Asian or whatever. They ALL help eachother and pull through with it. That's why Louisiana has the bond they have. Nothing tear them apart. Casey posted this on FB. Anything yall can donate will help. $100, $300, $1000. They much need it. Can't agree more with what Bubba said.

https://www.gofundme.com/2jwp6e4

He was a LSU tiger and the Falcons center for ever. Money will go to the right places.
https://www.facebook.com/todd.mcclur...52407658379925

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.