Here we go AGAIN.......OPINIONS PLEASE......24ft Excalibur find

Notices

Here we go AGAIN.......OPINIONS PLEASE......24ft Excalibur find

Old 08-19-2016, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 544 Likes on 330 Posts

beautiful hull, if I may add

The Excalibur logo is sooo bad ash! ...with the sword going through it

Last edited by noli; 08-19-2016 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This is going to sound sacreligous to some, but if you glassed in the transom and got rid of the engine compartment, tossed on an outboard bracket and a pair of 200's or a 300xs, you'd have a low 70's or upper 60's boat with more cockpit space. A rear bench, maybe even another set of bolsters...... Just thinking out loud.

Think about how much room you'd have with the batteries and oil resevoir under a rear bench on something like this.

I was actually considering moving the seat and crossmember back on mine, shortening the sunpad from 48" to 18", picking up almost 3 feet of cockpit space. A couple short hatches and pads from Progression, 4 holes, and shortening the crossmember a bit. Simple. Had it all planned out. Then my wife informed me she'd stop sunbathing on the back of the boat if I did it, so I scrapped the idea.

Photo credit: Kevin Alferink/ WMO

Last edited by Speedracer29; 08-19-2016 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
This is going to sound sacreligous to some, but if you glassed in the transom and got rid of the engine compartment, tossed on an outboard bracket and a pair of 200's or a 300xs, you'd have a low 70's or upper 60's boat with more cockpit space. A rear bench, maybe even another set of bolsters...... Just thinking out loud.

Think about how much room you'd have with the batteries and oil resevoir under a rear bench on something like this.

I was actually considering moving the seat and crossmember back on mine, shortening the sunpad from 48" to 18", picking up almost 3 feet of cockpit space. A couple short hatches and pads from Progression, 4 holes, and shortening the crossmember a bit. Simple. Had it all planned out. Then my wife informed me she'd stop sunbathing on the back of the boat if I did it, so I scrapped the idea.

Photo credit: Kevin Alferink/ WMO
I like the idea but what about all that loud through hull exhaust sound and everybody stops to look and say HOLY S@#T, THAT THING SOUNDS AWSOME. Lol
I really do like the idea tho, Its something to consider
Old 08-19-2016, 01:42 PM
Registered

Ok, so I got the text back from the guy and the trailer he had told me about already had a boat on it and it was some junk 18ft boat but he said he has a fixer upper trailer that is towable. I asked him how much for both the trailer and boat, CASH, he came back with $600 so I countered $400, theeeeeeeennnnnn, he came back with $500 or 450????? Hmmmmm, isnt that a no brainer so I said ok, $450. So im going to look at it this weekend, just wish I had something right now to tow it back with because my jeep is in the shop this weekend. But anyways, got them both for $450, so not a bad deal I guess. We will see when I get it home, I will find a way.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jdinvt
I like the idea but what about all that loud through hull exhaust sound and everybody stops to look and say HOLY S@#T, THAT THING SOUNDS AWSOME. Lol
I really do like the idea tho, Its something to consider
A pair of 200s with offshore exhaust will sound like a Formula 1 car on the water. But you get away with more stuff if you do it quietly, and that's a fact!
Old 08-19-2016, 03:58 PM
Registered

Oh boy, its getting better and better, I think. He text me again to let me know that they will be putting it on the trailer tomorrow, I will be going sun to take a look and hopefully be bringing her home.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:14 PM
Registered

If you just reverse the outboards (like upside down) you will achieve the thru hull exhaust sound...just make sure the fan thingy's are facing the right way so as to lose the tip of anything

Edit

Speed however may be slightly impacted...and docking is iffy..

Last edited by paintman; 08-19-2016 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 369 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by jdinvt
Ok, so I got the text back from the guy and the trailer he had told me about already had a boat on it and it was some junk 18ft boat but he said he has a fixer upper trailer that is towable. I asked him how much for both the trailer and boat, CASH, he came back with $600 so I countered $400, theeeeeeeennnnnn, he came back with $500 or 450????? Hmmmmm, isnt that a no brainer so I said ok, $450. So im going to look at it this weekend, just wish I had something right now to tow it back with because my jeep is in the shop this weekend. But anyways, got them both for $450, so not a bad deal I guess. We will see when I get it home, I will find a way.
you seem to be good to find good deal! please find me a 30 foot cat project for similar $$$ !!!
Old 08-19-2016, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

I understand you want this as a second boat. It has nothing in it by the looks of it. I don't think you can get it running for what this guy is asking for a running boat. I know this one, it was owned (bought new as seen in the picture) by a friend of mine and well cared for for the better portion of its life. I don't know your situation, but this is not a bad deal if you have the itch for something older, proven and affordable.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/5656564992.html

Otherwise, please save another 24. You and Okchief can both document 24 restos as he is doing 2 now.

Last edited by TxHawk; 08-19-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:53 PM
Registered

But 10k+, i will stick to my $450. But thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.