Fractional Lease a Center Console >

Fractional Lease a Center Console

Notices

Fractional Lease a Center Console

Old 08-21-2016, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
I like the idea, 7500 versus the 75-100k for a bahama boat that we have been thinking about.
and if things work out in the next 30 days.......there will be a 2016 with 350s and a bow thruster.

You just can't make sense of the math to do this alone......

like minded individuals who are good boaters should share our assets and we all get to play for a reasonable price.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

I have been a boater for 47 years, have thousands of hours running my commercial parasail boat over 30 years. Held a 50 ton captains license for 30 years and have captained a large sailing yacht from Florida to a few foreign countries in my past.

Ran some small performance boats back in the day , mostly small single engine ones , just a few twins , but back than the only motor that ended with a 96 had 3 in front of it.

Guess I don't qualify.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tommymonza
I have been a boater for 47 years, have thousands of hours running my commercial parasail boat over 30 years. Held a 50 ton captains license for 30 years and have captained a large sailing yacht from Florida to a few foreign countries in my past.

Ran some small performance boats back in the day , mostly small single engine ones , just a few twins , but back than the only motor that ended with a 96 had 3 in front of it.

Guess I don't qualify.
You qualify.

But we've watched Yacht captains of 100 footers struggle to back a CC into the fuel dock.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by recoverycharters
Pricier?
$250k for the boat
$20,000 dockage
$10,000 insurance

All the Pinnacle "yachts" aka cruisers are 2008 Sea Rays under 40'

That's about a $160,000 boat and they are at much less expensive marinas

http://www.pinnacleyachts.com

$7500/lease includes everything except fuel.

5 lessors gives everyone 10 weekends and tons of weekdays.

Who gets out 10 weekends a year? Not many. It's an ideal concept for people like me who want a 2nd boat in Florida but don't want to pay all the expenses.

I'd pay the lease and maybe get to use it 4 times a year. Members could "sell" their unused weekends to other members at a price they negotiate amongst themselves.
10 weekends a year?? Wow that sucks, I guess for those poor bastards it is a good idea! I guess I am lucky being down here, we get to go out a lot more.

My thought was that is not a boat that is out of reach for a lot of people, something like the 45' or 56' Nortech, Or the 53' Hydra Sports, but I misunderstood your market for what you are trying to do it makes sense.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pstorti
10 weekends a year?? Wow that sucks, I guess for those poor bastards it is a good idea! I guess I am lucky being down here, we get to go out a lot more.

My thought was that is not a boat that is out of reach for a lot of people, something like the 45' or 56' Nortech, Or the 53' Hydra Sports, but I misunderstood your market for what you are trying to do it makes sense.
Until I started boating in Florida 6-8 weekends a year was a lot. Even with Florida still won't hit 10. Some of us have to work to afford these toys

A complete guess here......I would say that 98% of OSO members wouldn't feel comfortable putting up this kind of money (plus expenses) for their second boat. I would guess that 80% don't own boats over $200k.

I don't want to take a poll or anything but $250k for the boat (depreciating at $20k/year), a fixed overhead of at least $30k, is still a lot of money.....even for some of the ballers. Especially, if it is their "Florida" boat they get to use a few times a year.

I might focus on working my LOTO and other land locked friends who want some options.

If someone else had this model I would jump on it. I almost did the Pinnacle thing but hate cruisers.

I would plan a family vacation or 2 around my time.

In terms of the boat - I think the 2013 Statement is perfect. It's in perfect shape. Under warranty. Isn't so new and so expensive that you can't trust anyone with it. If there was a $750,000 MTI available in this program, the owner would be very nervous about letting it bang around the poles at Gilberts. My captain also says that for the money.....he would just buy 3 Statements rather than the big MTI. He said it is very difficult to dock (which is not what you want with multiple members), doesn't outperform the Statement to a level that justifies the expense. The reality of riding with passengers is that you can only go as fast as what the weakest passenger can withstand in the rough. For most that's about 40mph when its 2-3s or bigger. It's also hard to have a conversation or hold a drink past about 35mph.

Anyway, I enjoy the discussion. The end goal if for us to have a Florida boat that pays for itself (or almost) that we can use 4-5 times a year. May or may not be possible but I'm not afraid to try.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Until I started boating in Florida 6-8 weekends a year was a lot. Even with Florida still won't hit 10. Some of us have to work to afford these toys

A complete guess here......I would say that 98% of OSO members wouldn't feel comfortable putting up this kind of money (plus expenses) for their second boat. I would guess that 80% don't own boats over $200k.

I don't want to take a poll or anything but $250k for the boat (depreciating at $20k/year), a fixed overhead of at least $30k, is still a lot of money.....even for some of the ballers. Especially, if it is their "Florida" boat they get to use a few times a year.

I might focus on working my LOTO and other land locked friends who want some options.

If someone else had this model I would jump on it. I almost did the Pinnacle thing but hate cruisers.

I would plan a family vacation or 2 around my time.

In terms of the boat - I think the 2013 Statement is perfect. It's in perfect shape. Under warranty. Isn't so new and so expensive that you can't trust anyone with it. If there was a $750,000 MTI available in this program, the owner would be very nervous about letting it bang around the poles at Gilberts. My captain also says that for the money.....he would just buy 3 Statements rather than the big MTI. He said it is very difficult to dock (which is not what you want with multiple members), doesn't outperform the Statement to a level that justifies the expense. The reality of riding with passengers is that you can only go as fast as what the weakest passenger can withstand in the rough. For most that's about 40mph when its 2-3s or bigger. It's also hard to have a conversation or hold a drink past about 35mph.

Anyway, I enjoy the discussion. The end goal if for us to have a Florida boat that pays for itself (or almost) that we can use 4-5 times a year. May or may not be possible but I'm not afraid to try.
You don't have to sell me on the boat, my boat is the father of that boat, Statement bought the molds from Jay Pilini to make that boat. Obviously they have made some changes but it is still very similar. Bring that 40' skater down here I'll lease a share of that in a minute! Good luck with the venture I hope it goes better than you expected.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:02 AM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

You qualify.

But we've watched Yacht captains of 100 footers struggle to back a CC into the fuel dock.
To be Honest Captains liscence are a complete Phukin Joke .

I have spent many of hours with YACHT Captains. . Just pump their heads how great they are . They can barely maneuver a 100 footer with the props 20 feet apart and a bow thruster that could get a 20 footer on plane.

Best captains i ever witnessed were the ones up in the Outerbanks coming into Pirates Cove . Single Engine 55 foot custom sport fisherman backing down onto the slip at 8 knots with a 20 knot crosswind.

Do or Die. They nail it every time.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:34 AM
Registered

I think it's a great value. What's the final breakdown for costs including maintenance items?
Old 08-24-2016, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

I think it is a great idea, my only "what if" is.....

what if a person who is leasing the boat wants to use it on a day that is usually a rental cash cow (i.e the Miami FPC run)?
Old 08-24-2016, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
You don't have to sell me on the boat, my boat is the father of that boat, Statement bought the molds from Jay Pilini to make that boat. Obviously they have made some changes but it is still very similar. Bring that 40' skater down here I'll lease a share of that in a minute! Good luck with the venture I hope it goes better than you expected.
While it is true that they are the "father" molds.....they are a fair amount different these days. There has been a LOT of work done on those bottoms to get them were they are today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.