new donzi and foutian at loto >

new donzi and foutian at loto

Notices

new donzi and foutian at loto

Old 08-30-2016, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DRAG
Color choices are all personal preference. I give Fountain some credit for trying to do something modern with the interior. I'm not sure if that stuff holds up for someone who uses the boat a lot, but it looks nice I think. Half the boats out there are Fountains and they all look the same. Something different is refreshing.

The Donzi is a strange color choice for me, but I'm sure the owner loves it. I think the open bow will grow in popularity. I saw many boats this weekend at LOTO with open bow and mid cabins. Looks pretty practical for day boating and poker runs.
I've never been a mcob fan, after spending two summers running one on our local lake it really is much better for day trips and accommodating friends / family - I still personally will stay with the closed bow due too styling and need for place to overnight.

I'm not huge on either boat but I also didn't spec them out - overall they are both very nice boats!
Old 08-30-2016, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

My favorite part of the whole boat is the throttles on the right. Seats aren't the worst things ever, but they are different.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:21 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any better pics of the Donzi?
Old 08-30-2016, 11:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy to see a new Fountain but I feel the cockpit overall is a miss. That style of seat looks better in a sit down boat. Need to go back to the drawing board on the bolster bases. They also need to rework the way the hatches transition into the rear seats. Looks unfinished IMO. Neutral on the paint - def better than the original rendering.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordo
Any better pics of the Donzi?
They are posted in Passion for Powerboats on Facebook
Old 08-31-2016, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it my eyes going bad or does it look like the seats recline? In one of the pics I saw it seemed the port bolster was reclined back and wasn't as vertical as the starboard bolster?
Old 09-01-2016, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 208 Posts

Any thoughts on why they built a 38 lightning for a spec boat? 38's were hardly big sellers when Fountain was on a roll. Seems like a 29, 35, or 42 would be a better choice to show of the new company's skills? This 38 looks like a patchwork of colors and ideas to see what sticks. A very expensive test lab.

It should have been a 42 in plain white with a Fountain logo down the side. Keep the interior mostly white with a splash of color and let the new designs, layouts, and rigging, speak for themselves.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Building a 42 right now
Old 09-01-2016, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

The $428k asking price for the Fountain seems to be insane.

Maybe for an outerlimits or a nortech but seems unrealistic for a Fountain

http://m.powerboatlistings.com/view/44875

Even the Donzi at $278 seems more realistic I get the Fountain has 565 s but not as seeing the price difference being justified. Doesn't really matter for those like me that can't afford it.

http://m.powerboatlistings.com/view/44876
Old 09-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The throttles are on the right!
That has to be a prototype-the bases are not finished and the hoses are visible.
The throttles are on the right!
Some of my manufactures show off hull number one at the last minute with anticipation of final changes.
I can look past it-The throttles are on the right!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.