Notices

Decisions desicions

Old 09-02-2016, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Brokers make $17k on sales? I'm in the wrong profession.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Ive seen prices all over the board. Sometimes ads are fake. There's a lot to dig into when the boat is listed at multiple prices. Some are price drops but not all sites updated. Some are scam ads.
Registered

What are the particulars on the fountain easy rider?
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by Mtb_05
Brokers make $17k on sales? I'm in the wrong profession.
No fault sales, may I add.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I'd lean toward the Sunsation over the Baja given what you talked about. The 33 Baja is a great raft up and party boat due to the large cabin, but it's a very windy ride, and I don't think you will make use of the large cockpit as much as you would like the bigger cabin of the Sunsation.

Remember, the further the windscreen is from your face, the windier your ride is going to be. Wind fatigues you, immensely. (I've posted about this in the past.) The more "in" the boat you are, and the more wind/frontal protection you have, the better. The Baja isn't going to net you the speeds you want either.

Be aware, there are several different changes to the 32 Sunsation over time.
32 Dominator
32 Innovator (only a few built)
32 Dominator SS (Innovator hull with Dominator deck)

Make sure you compare apples to apples. The Innovator and the Dominator SS are both much deeper boats than the original Dominators which seem to be what you are looking at.

Don't rush. We are nearing the end of boating season, especially up there in your area. You are in the catbird seat. I always tell people selling their boats after Labor Day to go ahead and price them according to what their loan/payoff (if applicable) would look like in May of the following year.

Also, there is a 32 Active Thunder with HP500s in Pennsylvania, for around the price range you are looking. Look up "rssteiny" here on OSO.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 09-02-2016 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:21 PM
Registered

Thank you for the helpful info. What years should I be looking at for Sunsations? I'm trying not to be impulsive because it is the end of the season for the most part. And would be nice not paying the note for 8 months before getting to use it. But willing too for the right boat
Old 09-02-2016, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mtb_05
Thank you for the helpful info. What years should I be looking at for Sunsations? I'm trying not to be impulsive because it is the end of the season for the most part. And would be nice not paying the note for 8 months before getting to use it. But willing too for the right boat
Innovators are so rare, that you might as well not worry about finding one of those....and the layout is very much love it or hate it.

2005 was the change-over year for the dominators. There were some built with the new deck, and old hull...kind of a crossover....so any 2005 dominators you'd have to look closer to see what exactly you're working with. Anything 2006+ will be new hull and deck (deeper with a true stepped bottom)
Old 09-02-2016, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

78k is the price of the boat from the seller. So yeah the consignment dealer is looking to make some crazy amount of cash. A friend of a friend owns that boat. No relation to it, but it looks clean. I would definitely look at that one over a baja ! It's the newest of the ones Youre looking at too.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:49 PM
Registered

Do you know any background or history of the boat Rambocj7? It looks clean in the pics but if things got serious I would hire a surveyor and a Certified tech to check things over for me.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No don't really know any history. He is from the province of Québec area of Canada. I will try and find out more

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.