Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Jose Fernandez RIP.  What the heck happened? >

Jose Fernandez RIP. What the heck happened?

Notices

Jose Fernandez RIP. What the heck happened?

Old 09-26-2016, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RIP Jose .
Old 09-26-2016, 02:06 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rest in peace my brother ... Condolences to your family, friends and fans.

Brian, I remember that evening well .. That was one of my most memorable runs in the F2 ... the water was BIG and it was a race against time AND Titos to get back to Hanover before dark.

When the wind is blowing one way and the current flowing the opposit way, there is wall standing there in front of you and you have to hit it head on ... no way we were going to get out the cut without being on plane

Hey Tank ... It's been a while

G

Last edited by cigarette1; 09-26-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:12 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by cigarette1

Brian, I remember that evening well .. That was one of my most memorable runs in the F2 ... the water was BIG and it was a race against time AND Titos to get back to Hanover before dark.

When the wind is blowing one way and the current flowing the opposit way, there is wall standing there in front of you and you have to hit it head on ... no way we were going to get out the cut without being on plane

G
It didn't help that the fuel gauges were on E before we pulled out of South Beach either.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 2,802 Likes on 943 Posts

Originally Posted by cigarette1

G
How's things Gary?

Give our best to the family.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 878 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
they said there was no booze on board the boat and they don't suspect it had any involvement.
Keep in mind one of the deceased was the son of a Miami detective......it wouldn't surprise me if out of courtesy to another agency if the report is "less than factual"

There was a case locally where a off duty deputy lost her arm in a DUI boat crash. Even after admitting to drinking all day, empty bottles found aboard they still "forgot" to pull a blood draw for a toxicology report. She crashed a small boat under a boat lift, lift dropped a 25 ft cc onto her boat, severing her arm.

Still sucks for Jose, lost his life way too young and will have a kid that never met their dad.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Weather they were intoxicated or not, they won't be coming home. At this point its pointless. I hate it for the parents and spouses. They are the ones in pain. RIP to all involved.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

That jetty should be have all types of lights on it, especially at night. Some of these channels do not even have lights.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What are you going to light the jetty with? Red marker lights? Flood lights? My point is, the operator is still going to have to interpret what the lights mean against a black backdrop. The channel markers leading up to the jetty are all lit, my fear would be if you put marker lights on the jetty, people would confuse it for the channel markers. Case in point, you see this light configuration on the water, what is is and which side should you pass it on...?
Old 09-27-2016, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 878 Likes on 476 Posts

http://marinas.com/view/inlet/125_Go..._United_States
Old 09-27-2016, 08:24 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 511 Posts

Always sketchy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGHc-d0cyRI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.