Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Jose Fernandez RIP.  What the heck happened? >

Jose Fernandez RIP. What the heck happened?

Notices

Jose Fernandez RIP. What the heck happened?

Old 10-30-2016, 05:58 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

News just reported toxicology reports came back. Cocaine and 2 X legal alcohol level.

And that, there, is the answer.

They rolled the dice and lost.

RIP guys.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:02 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Ooops. Looks like I was late to report this . Doh !
Old 10-30-2016, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Who was driving? Have not seen that anywhere, if he was doing the party powder and drunk and wasn't driving who gives a ****. To whoever was driving, fuk that guy.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
When you put blow up your nose and booze in your gut and then choose to go boating at 3:00 am and kill everybody on your boat it is called manslaughter - not an accident - unless of course your poor decision also results in your own death. What an unbelievably low and pathetic bar you set for any young person who achieves success. Pathetic.
Are you kidding of course it was an accident, NO ONE is self responsible any longer. I was reading a newspaper article about privately owned (taxpayer subsidized) low income housing in Ft. Pierce, FL last week.. The owners of the property have very strict rules about who can live there and if they commit a crime they're gone. All of the inhabitants are complaining that if they accidentally make a mistake they'll be kicked out. Ya, if you rob a store at gunpoint you're gone and you paid for your "accidental mistake" as you should!

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
I am saying I am not going to jump to a conclusion and mark some as guilty with no facts to go on other than assumption based on nothing.

also Jose was not driving the boat, he is welcome to be as hammered as he likes
Ready to jump? It's safe now!

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
FYI Jose's lawyers are already saying he wasn't driving but rather on the phone with a 3rd party.......so this could be a distracted operating, BUI case or simply an unexperienced operator (one of the friend's driving) case.

Whether 60 mph or 160 mph it is still seen as reckless high performance boating from the public's standpoint.
Because they are about to get hammered wtih lawsuits. In any event the responsibility of the operation will fall on the owner who was high and drunk, even if someone else was at the helm, as lawyers will claim the other 2 can't even spell the word "boat" let alone have ever operated one.

And about the rolemodel's comment made somewhere above, ball players aren't hero's, I don't care what their association and tax laws force them to do in the community. Prime example here with Jose's blow and alcohol problem after hours. You never know what someone does behind closed doors. I'm a UF alumni; however, wouldn't be surprised to find out Tim Tebow pulls the heads off kittens at night.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:09 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/in...t-intoxicated/
Old 03-16-2017, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a cluster****.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Really no surprises. Drugs, Alcohol and hauling ass at night are 3 strikes. My sympathy bucket for HIM doth not overflow. I'm not perfect, but if I had that much money I'd be smart enough to hire a sober operator. Hell, I uber everywhere just to be safe and I don't have 2 nickels to rub together.

Also, I think it's a sad dilution of the term Role-Model. I would hate to think that one of my young children looked up to someone like this. I don't want my children to aspire to do coke and run my boat around after dark. There are much greater heroes.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Local paper noted Jose's DNA was found on the wheel/throttles and his fade was crushed between the jetty and the boat. GPS indicated 67 mph and the jetty was noted on the screen but he didn't notice it. As far as money, the kid probably didn't have 2mm in assets. His mega contract was going to be signed in the offseason.

Lawyers already started suing on behalf of the dead guys and Jose's newborn child. They should just do a 3 way split and not waste the fees.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Feel bad for the family
When it's your time your going unless you can talk the angels out of it.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LOTOWONTOPGUN
Feel bad for the family
When it's your time your going unless you can talk the angels out of it.
What????? Angels? NO.... Joe Black comes for you....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.