Batten the Hatches my Floridian friends

Notices

Batten the Hatches my Floridian friends

Old 10-07-2016, 06:57 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Thumbs up

Battened down the hatches on my house and my mother-in-law's house and special thanks to John cosker who put my boats in 1 of his 125 mile an hour rated building!!! Evacuated to my buddies house in Orlando, riding out here. But I think we dodged a bullet, strom shifted to east last minute last night
Attached Thumbnails Batten the Hatches my Floridian friends-img_9665.jpg   Batten the Hatches my Floridian friends-img_9664.jpg  
Old 10-07-2016, 08:55 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Battened down the hatches on my house and my mother-in-law's house and special thanks to John cosker who put my boats in 1 of his 125 mile an hour rated building!!! Evacuated to my buddies house in Orlando, riding out here. But I think we dodged a bullet, strom shifted to east last minute last night
That's great news. I am sure many of us were waiting to hear from you.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In Tampa @ 10AM Friday. It appears as if a lot of people on the east coast may have ended up much off better than was predicted. Here in Tampa, its a breeze...............
Old 10-07-2016, 11:05 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Great decisions far as getting off the island - Location Merritt Is. Fl. US. Hope your place is okay, but sounds like your island is getting hammered.

These people not so luck staying.....
"A family called in that the roof just flew off their home on Merritt Island," Waters said.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/str...z&ocid=U146DHP
Old 10-07-2016, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you heeded warnings and are safe, news talking about naysayers that decided to ride it out , based on previous experience, and are now regretting the decision.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im glad the storm didnt hit as bad as they originally called for. Now we just have to pray it heads out to sea without hitting Georgia and the Carolinas too bad. Good to hear from some of you guys down there and that you are ok.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

In Delray we had medium speed winds, some fallen trees and typical light flooding as if it were a major thunderstorm. AKA - We got off easy. Spent the entire day removing storm shutters and cleaning up.

God bless the hundreds perished in Haiti, Caribbean and Cuba.
Buckle down Jacksonville, GA and SC. Be smart people and get out.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:51 PM
Registered

it was sad to see the loss of life in those countries. Unfortunately they do not have the build codes and quality in those countries to properly protect people for storms like this.
Old 10-08-2016, 03:59 AM
Registered

we made it threw without a scratch.... now what the heck do I do with 12 boxes of Captain Crunch ?
Old 10-08-2016, 04:21 AM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 51 Posts

Use them for door prizes at Toys for Tots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.