Notices

Boats and Babies

Old 10-03-2002, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian,

You beat me to it.
Corinne (4 years old as of Monday) is always out with us and she loves riding fast (safely of course), rougher the better for her (Daddy make it go bouncy, bouncy), anchoring out under the sunshade, playing on the beach, or watching her favorite DVD cartoons in the cabin with a fan. I would not even think of getting out of boating...maybe a bigger boat... hmmm? We stay out overnight alot and we always treat it like a camping trip with all the amenities that a tent could never have. We have met alot of great families out on the water and always enjoy making new friends young and old.

Ty
Old 10-03-2002, 11:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Boating is great family fun! My kids love the boat.
Attached Thumbnails Boats and Babies-david.jpg  
Old 10-03-2002, 11:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thank you all for the wonderful insight.
Just to clarify, I would never sell the boat, just the wife LOL.

Dave M - Great Picture!!
Old 10-03-2002, 12:22 PM
Registered

Oops, I'm sorry I thought this thread said "Boats and Babes"
Old 10-03-2002, 12:25 PM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
Default You can still boat!!

It might slow you down for a while, but it's not the end of the world. My daughter was born May 31, and we had her out on the boat by the time she was six weeks old. You just have to pick your days/water a little more carefully when they are real little, until they have a chance to develop stronger neck muscles. And yes, the boat is like a giant rocking cradle - she is so happy and content when we have her on the boat, and she goes right to sleep when that big block fires up! (It has the opposite effect on Dad - sproing! )

It helps to have a sizeable bimini and cuddy to keep them out of the sun. A couple of portable fans help too. And remember, if in doubt, drop the tabs and plow through the wakes like a cruiser!

Good luck!

BTW - Does anyone know how to get afound this F*&*&ing file size limit of 75K for pictures? I have tried resizing, reducing colors - everything I can think of to get this to work, and I STILL can't post a picture!!

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2002, 01:04 PM
Registered

Our two daughters absolutly love boating. They are 4 and 2 1/2 and really enjoy it. In fact we bought a bigger boat to accomodate them. We like to take long weekends and week long vacations and we stay on the boat.

I think its a great way for the whole family to have fun. Dad gets to go fast, kids get to swim and play in the cabin, mom gets to take care of all of us and get a little sun & swim time as well.

We look at it like a motor coach on the water.
Old 10-03-2002, 02:04 PM
Registered

Is this a "TRICK" question??? Just because you have kids doesn't mean your whole world stops, it just slows down a little bit for a little while!!! I had BOTH of my kids on snow skis by the time they were 2...They both were in the boats since day one with no problems...They both could "drive" the ski boat at 3...They both could snow & water ski SOLO at 3...They both could start the boat(SKI BOAT),work the throttle,shift, & knew the run through before the boat was started & were familiar with the rules of the road at 4...They both could run the boat & dock it (even with the left hand torque of direct drive) better than most of the clowns I see out there at 5...I bought them a 14' STARCRAFT w/a 20 hp MERC when they were 8 & I set them free in our large cove with no drama...At 10 I bought them a BAJA MINI CAT w/a 25 hp JOHNSON that scooted pretty good with ZERO problems...My kids are now 14 & 15 & if there wasn't an age/horsepower regulation, I would have NO QUALMS about letting them take our WELLCRAFT NOVA family barge,the ski boat, or the WAVERUNNER out solo...Another year or two and they can drive the rocket ship...Just think of kids as small people & things aren't the same only different...It's also REALLY KOOL to see them do a lot of things you/I didn't get to do at there age!!!
Old 10-03-2002, 02:44 PM
Registered

Just got to make sure you get those diapers tight ,cause it hell on white interior!!!!!
Old 10-03-2002, 03:21 PM
Registered

My 7 year old has been BANNED from the boat. Cruising along a couple weeks back after work running in the bay heading to the ocean. Nice chop, almost 3', the boat is aired out speedo bouncing 86 - 88. Kid looks up at me and says "Come on dad, it that it? I want to go wide open." Ouch!!!
Old 10-03-2002, 03:23 PM
GRH

DAVE M - Great Picture - I especially like the "bottle" in the drink holder!

Quick Reply: Boats and Babies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.