Notices

Skater Factory Tour

Old 10-06-2016, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skater Factory Tour

A group of us were in our motor homes on our way back to Texas after taking a tour of Northern Michigan, headed to Middlebury, Indiana. I remembered the Skater factory was in Michigan and looked up where it was. I saw it was close to the route we were taking so we took the detour. When we got to Douglas Marine I went into the offices to find someone to see if we could tour the factory. While I was inside, Pete pulled up and the rest of my group asked him if we could take a tour of the factory. Pete told them to go in and look around. After he walked inside Kathy asked another person there who was that guy she had talked to so if someone questioned her she would be able to say who told her it was OK to walk thru. When I got back outside they told me what had happen and Kathy told me that they had talked to the owner and it was OK for us to walk thru the factory. As we walked thru, if we had a question, what ever employee was near by answered our questions. After we had walked thru most of it and going into the rigging area Pete came up on his scooter. I think we talked about everything under the sun. We told him one of the things we did was CCTV cameras. My wife pulled up the cameras on her phone to show Pete our office. One of the cameras is on the room we do laser etching. of Yeti and Rtic tumblers. I told him for being so gracious to us I would send him one.

Pete, thanks for the stop at Douglas Marine being one of the high-points of our 3,400 mile trip and your tumbler is on the way.

Old 10-06-2016, 05:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So when are you ordering your 318?
Old 10-06-2016, 11:29 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Pete is a great, down to earth guy. Pretty cool getting to walk through the factories.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbojack
A group of us were in our motor homes on our way back to Texas after taking a tour of Northern Michigan, headed to Middlebury, Indiana. I remembered the Skater factory was in Michigan and looked up where it was. I saw it was close to the route we were taking so we took the detour. When we got to Douglas Marine I went into the offices to find someone to see if we could tour the factory. While I was inside, Pete pulled up and the rest of my group asked him if we could take a tour of the factory. Pete told them to go in and look around. After he walked inside Kathy asked another person there who was that guy she had talked to so if someone questioned her she would be able to say who told her it was OK to walk thru. When I got back outside they told me what had happen and Kathy told me that they had talked to the owner and it was OK for us to walk thru the factory. As we walked thru, if we had a question, what ever employee was near by answered our questions. After we had walked thru most of it and going into the rigging area Pete came up on his scooter. I think we talked about everything under the sun. We told him one of the things we did was CCTV cameras. My wife pulled up the cameras on her phone to show Pete our office. One of the cameras is on the room we do laser etching. of Yeti and Rtic tumblers. I told him for being so gracious to us I would send him one.

Pete, thanks for the stop at Douglas Marine being one of the high-points of our 3,400 mile trip and your tumbler is on the way.

Great Story!

You said that you would send Peter one of your Rtic Tumblers that you make, that is great but one.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So how do we get one of those tumblers???
Old 10-07-2016, 03:04 PM
Registered

When we were talking to Pete they were putting one on a trailer and putting gas in it. I thought I had taken a picture of it but guess one of the others took it. We were talking about that boat and I told him I was not a big fan of outboards. He snapped back "We will do inboards"
Old 10-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Pete is a great, down to earth guy. Pretty cool getting to walk through the factories.
We all agree.[ATTACH=CONFIG]560210[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Skater Factory Tour-skater2.jpg  
Old 10-07-2016, 03:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Great Story!

You said that you would send Peter one of your Rtic Tumblers that you make, that is great but one.
He can only use one at a time. His name is on the back side so he will know if someone takes his.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mlb75
So how do we get one of those tumblers???
PM me.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbojack
PM me.
You should offer these for sale to Skater guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.