Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Dan Stomber boat builder Lapeer, MI Icon Powerboats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/341847-dan-stomber-boat-builder-lapeer-mi-icon-powerboats.html)

mactech 10-09-2016 02:43 PM

Dan Stomber boat builder Lapeer, MI Icon Powerboats

I've recently been working with a guy from Lapeer, Michigan by the name of Dan Stomber. He is new to the boat building game but from what I can tell, he is building some SICK CC cats! He has agreed to let me do "whatever I want" with the console in one of his demo boats he's working on. My expertise comes from the automitive industry where I focus on electronics and instruments. I recently wrapped up the "cockpit" for the 19' vette. Because I am new-ish to the boating world and attempting to broaden my area services, Is there anything you guys as boat owners would like to see in an upscale CC offshore console you don't see out there now? Input would be appreicated!

Thanks in advance,

Steve M.

ARB38 10-09-2016 02:50 PM

How about some info on the 19 Vette! : )

mactech 10-09-2016 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by ARB38 (Post 4489908)
How about some info on the 19 Vette! : )

I wish I could do that! ;)

VoodooRob 10-09-2016 03:24 PM

Forget the boats vette info needed! The test mule pictures have been floating around some call it a ZR1 some call it Z06X.
Back to your question, people love technology. I really like the new touch screens but with a few big gauges for running hard, my personal preference. Also carbon fiber dash, adjustable foot and seating.

tommymonza 10-09-2016 07:02 PM

I would google his name before you get too involved .

articfriends 10-10-2016 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by tommymonza (Post 4489949)
I would google his name before you get too involved .

Violated the sex offender registry wrote a bad check to an OSO membe, sold a car wouldn't give the guy the title and then dodge him, yeah I would run!!

mactech 10-10-2016 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by articfriends (Post 4490075)
Violated the sex offender registry wrote a bad check to an OSO membe, sold a car wouldn't give the guy the title and then dodge him, yeah I would run!!

I'm a big boy and capable of doing my due diligence but thanks. I asked him upon meeting him about the sex offender issue as I do my research on anyone I do business with. He had a relationship with his daughter's mother when he was 18 and she was 15 more than 16 years ago... He seems to have a very respectful daughter who was a product of that relationship... I do know he was removed from the registry years later after the charge was removed given the circumstances. I do not see a court granting a father full custody of a little girl if he is in any way a threat, especially in Michigan.

As to the bad check, I have never questioned it but I did see the post here. I assume there's more to that story ad he has a pile of outdrives in his shop and also does not appear to be hurting for money from what I gather. The guy has a MONSTROUS amount of EVERYTHING from cars, boats, parts, motors and whatever that he buys and sells daily, he's in another state or country at least once a month for hunting or vacation I can't see him not having funds for a "small" purchase like that. I suppose when you're buying and selling anything in large amounts you're bound to come across someone who wasn't happy with the way the deal went down.... I am not defending anyone either way just doesn't come across as that type of guy, I've been working with him on stuff for about a year and had zero issues at all, really a pleasure to work with/for. The car deal, I did just look up, seems strange. Who buys a car, send money, picks it up without grabbing the title? The buyer of the car seems almost to have created the thread more to boast about it than actually try to resolve anything. He has all his info right down to his address where he picked it up if you're that upset and you know where he lives, why not go there or send someone?? He seems to have gotten it resolved from what can be read in the post. Doesn't add up to me. but hey, you found it on the internet it must be true right?? I know Dan isn't big on the internet thing or social media because he doesn't seem like the type not to respond to that type of thing.

Google your local car dealer or anyone selling anyone and see if EVERY post is favorable. We live in a world where people post virtually anything about anyone unfortunately. Again, my experiences with him have been nothing but pleasant. He seems to treat everyone around him like family and I am yet to see anyone show up at his shop claiming he shorted them on anything...

Back to my original post, Input is appreciated. No need to help with internet investigations but thank you for taking time out from your very busy day to assist...

Flamingo 42 10-10-2016 08:55 PM

Where is Icon Powerboats located?

dockrocker 10-10-2016 10:29 PM

Is it one-post wonder season already? I thought we usually wait until the snow starts to fly a little...

hadleycat 10-11-2016 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Flamingo 42 (Post 4490311)
Where is Icon Powerboats located?

I am also interested in hearing more about Icon Powerboats. I live just a few minutes outside of Lapeer