Stolen trailer full of outboards

Notices

Stolen trailer full of outboards

Old 10-13-2016, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by ajtacz628
Oh WOW ,,That's Terrible ,,
Thought it was pretty safe around here ,I guess there everywhere [Thief's] , but then again someone stole my jack out of the back of my truck and the doors were unlocked with all my power tools not to long ago here on treasure Island ,,,
they won't take your fountain or my old Sonic if we left it running for them.

o/b CO'S are the targets
Old 10-13-2016, 06:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Do they target CCs and OB boats or are sterndrives picked on too?

super duper rare.

CC with 4 stroke O/B power
Old 10-13-2016, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probally Right Nate

Last edited by ajtacz628; 10-13-2016 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:32 PM
Registered

they won't take your fountain or my old Sonic if we left it running for them.

o/b CO'S are the targets

]Haha HAHA Right , Old School to simple ...They wouldn't know what to do
Old 10-13-2016, 09:05 PM
Registered

There was a white 50 HP in there that was the only white Tohatsu on the planet. The stuff was owned by Tohatsu and sitting there after Ibex. It also had all their show stuff in it.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by UR2late
There was a white 50 HP in there that was the only white Tohatsu on the planet. The stuff was owned by Tohatsu and sitting there after Ibex. It also had all their show stuff in it.
That sucks
Old 10-14-2016, 07:12 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

I think this boat was found with some damage.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wananewboat
Nothing on FB about a recovery yet but that doesn't mean much
Old 10-14-2016, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by wananewboat
It was recovered within 48 hours of the theft. Big thread on hulltruth about it.

Boat was an Intrepid used in boat trade shows. Boat was being prepped for a show and stolen with a stolen F350. They also recovered a stolen car transport trailer also. Owner crushed social media, rented a chopper to fly around South Miami/Northern Keys. Someone on facebook saw a post and recognized the boat sitting behind a motel 6 in Dade county. They turned around and went back to the scene and boat was still there! Owner was there within an hour, boat had the wrap partially removed and the upper station of the t-top was damaged (they hit something low). Nice part was someone the owner didn't even know offered his dually to transport the boat home (about 60 miles). A friend of the owner of the stolen F350 also alerted his buddy that "hey your truck was used to steal a boat" and that guy got his F350 back.

Weird part of the story, boat was tracked to Florida City (close to top of the keys), it was fueled then brought back to west Miami and left in the motel lot. The owner didn't understand the pattern unless the thieves realized this particular boat was "too hot" to keep or they couldn't get it to run with Yamaha's new anti-theft technology.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Nothing on FB about a recovery yet but that doesn't mean much
http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...-beach-fl.html

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...ml#post9509576

This guy Jeff Moore FOUND the BOAT! It apparently had been stashed behind a Motel 6 near MIA. He gave me the rough location, I punched an address into my car nav. 1 hr 12 min away. I was there in about 45 minutes. I pulled up and couldn’t believe it – there she was.

It turns out Jeff was in the area and just caught a glimpse of the boat by chance as he was turning around. “Strange place for a nice, new big boat,” he thought, being an experienced boater and boat owner himself. He was 8 or 10 miles away when he stopped for a bite and started flipping through some message boards. He stopped at The Man Cave and saw that someone’s boat had been stolen. “Naw – it couldn’t be…” But it nagged him. He got up and backtracked to where he’d seen the big boat wedged between some busses. It was still there. He checked the name and told me “…I just got chills – I couldn’t believe I found it…” It is entirely possible that they had been planning a Cuba run but realized they couldn't use the boat because of Yamaha's YCOP system (this is another REALLY cool technology that you guys need to look into!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.