Boat ramp in West Palm with SAFE truck & trailer parking >

Boat ramp in West Palm with SAFE truck & trailer parking

Notices

Boat ramp in West Palm with SAFE truck & trailer parking

Old 10-27-2016, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boat ramp in West Palm with SAFE truck & trailer parking

A group of us are planning a trip to Florida in April 2017 from West Palm(or close to) to Key West.
Looking for advice a nice ramp to launch 35' boats but most important safe truck and trailer parking as we will be gone for a week.
Thanks for any help and advice.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

There's a great ramp with ample parking in west palm at Phil foster park. I would def do some investigating on leaving the trucks and trailers for a week though.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Bostonirish
There's a great ramp with ample parking in west palm at Phil foster park. I would def do some investigating on leaving the trucks and trailers for a week though.
Phil Foster is NOT a viable overnight location. Despite having a Sheriff's substation on site (I don't think it is manned overnight). The ghetto is just on the west side of the bridge and there are tons of homeless/vagrants hanging around 24/7. Weekends bring the west side residents into the park for fishing and BBQ's.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Phil Foster is NOT a viable overnight location. Despite having a Sheriff's substation on site (I don't think it is manned overnight). The ghetto is just on the west side of the bridge and there are tons of homeless/vagrants hanging around 24/7. Weekends bring the west side residents into the park for fishing and BBQ's.
Well there ya go. Some local knowledge is better than what I can offer. I've used the ramp a coupe times it's a good ramp. But doesn't sound like a plane you'd want to leave your truck and trailer overnight. Maybe look into some local marinas?
Old 10-28-2016, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would not keep my rig over night at Phil Foster. I returned from the Bahamas after a long weekend and discovered that some A$$ Hole had driven over the starboard fender on my trailer pressing it into both tires on that side. I had to pry the fender up with a 2 x 4 before I could move !!! I asked the local Sheriff's office on site and got no help. There is no security and no video surveillance. Also...the parking spaces seem to be too short.

Try the ramp and park in Boynton Beach on US 1 south of Lake Worth Road....seems to be a decent spot...better area.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58

Try the ramp and park in Boynton Beach on US 1 south of Lake Worth Road....seems to be a decent spot...better area.
Just a bit north of West Palm is Burt Reynolds Park in Jupiter (yes named after the actor as he has lived locally here for 30+ years). They are rebuilding the west side ramps now and the east side was redone a few years ago. Plenty of parking in view of US1 on the east side and there is a fire station on the property (constant action). East side ramps are slightly shorter/steeper than the west side ramps but I have used them dozens of times and it only seemed to be a problem pulling out at low tide on wet ramps (weekends are busy). This ramp is within view of the ICW and probably 1 mile from the inlet. Lots of waterfront bars/restaurants nearby.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Just a bit north of West Palm is Burt Reynolds Park in Jupiter (yes named after the actor as he has lived locally here for 30+ years). They are rebuilding the west side ramps now and the east side was redone a few years ago. Plenty of parking in view of US1 on the east side and there is a fire station on the property (constant action). East side ramps are slightly shorter/steeper than the west side ramps but I have used them dozens of times and it only seemed to be a problem pulling out at low tide on wet ramps (weekends are busy). This ramp is within view of the ICW and probably 1 mile from the inlet. Lots of waterfront bars/restaurants nearby.
When I lived there I used the east side ramps. I never knew there were west side ramps. I would think this lot would be as secure as you can get that is public. There are still maybe some people living on the beach in the area but it is Florida.

I would not leave anything anywhere in WPB overnight.

Easy idle out to inlet. Maybe 10 minutes.

Maybe you guys can pay hit Jupiter Sunsation up to check on your stuff.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Floridiots are opportunists, if they haven't stole **** yet just give them the perfect situation and they will.