Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   2003 Smith Mountain Lake Poker Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34230-2003-smith-mountain-lake-poker-run.html)

BryanTuvell 10-03-2002 03:33 PM

2003 Smith Mountain Lake Poker Run

I saw another post about Smith Mountain Lake the other day and it was correct, I hit the SML website etc.
My registration literature came yesterday, must register by 30 November.

Just got off the phone with Mariners Landing,
( www.marinerslanding.com ) to get a place there again. For what it is worth several friends of mine were unhappy with were they stayed, we had a GREAT time at a very very nice place for about $50 more a day. Covered docks, the townhomes slept 8 or 10 so you can split it with another couple.

Brian (Sydwayz) and Will (27 Fountain) provided great data on the event last year including maps. If not for those two we would have been iffy on coming.

It was an AWESOME event with a great Friday night party!!!!

--Who were those four women I was dancing with?--

SO, who all is in?
I am going to try and rally the HRPA on this one.
Bryan

Sydwayz 10-03-2002 04:05 PM

I am back on for next year. Negotiating funds as we speak. I also have NO QUAMS about where we stayed, www.BernardsLanding.com.

Beautiful facility. We rented a 3 bedroom condo, and I could toss a towel out the window onto the boat from the 3rd floor.

Everyone: This one is WELL WORTH the trip. (Southwestern VA).

www.smlba.com

Sydwayz 10-03-2002 04:08 PM

I can't take all the credit. CheckmateF1 was very insturmental on the maps. Only problem is that dirty bastard sold his boat!!

Sydwayz 10-03-2002 05:13 PM

$125 per hand. Minimum two hands per boat.

BryanTuvell 10-03-2002 06:37 PM

+ $15 to be a member, well worth $265.
We are in at Mariners again, plus it is on a professional Golf course....... not that I golf, but there is an occassional honey in a golf cart as I drink my breakfast.

I hope to get some buds to stay over there this year, we were the only ones in the run that stayed there, made docking nice! LOL
Bryan

VelocityMike 10-03-2002 06:53 PM

Hey Sydwayz whats up? Did you have fun with Mark on Sat? I am in for the SML Poker Run if i can register. We should go together been going there for years on vacation and I love that place. Keep in touch.

Steet 10-03-2002 07:17 PM

SML Poker Run

Hey Guys, I was at the 2001 SML poker run, and had a really good time. Missed this years. I will be there next year. Is there anything in between, there? I was there for the May Run.

Sydwayz 10-03-2002 10:58 PM

Yes, Mike, had a great time. Thanks for putting us in touch. Look forward to the next time we all hang out.

BobbyB 10-04-2002 08:49 AM

Count me in for next year. I was talking to a friend last night and he said he was up for it. Just let me know all the details. Thanks guys for the help. Bobby

BAJA WILL 10-04-2002 09:31 AM

I may or may not be there, It was really nice to meet every one at the gathering at my Dads house. For those who have not been to SML you really should.

Will:p