Push Button Start with NFC on non  DTS 496HO >

Push Button Start with NFC on non DTS 496HO

Notices

Push Button Start with NFC on non DTS 496HO

Old 11-02-2016, 12:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Push Button Start with NFC on non DTS 496HO

Was looking for a bit of information to see if anyone has done this with their boat. I talked with Bruce at Digital Dog and he said as long as the ignition was not sending any digital information that the system would work. I don't think my ignition sends anything other than the standard charge to start the motors but I wanted someone with more expertise to tell me if it would work and if there are any downsides to installing 2 of these on my boat. It will come with 2 RFID floats and 1 wallet card. The 496s are 07 models and are non dts.

http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/auto...-i#description

Last edited by Mseuro; 11-02-2016 at 12:20 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:39 PM
Registered

Just a repost to list again.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

If you read through it the outputs are for such things as doors looks trunk release etc. Unless you have an ignition system tied into something else then it seems it should. THEY have a 2nd model that can work with systems that has output needed like the pw etc.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:13 PM
Registered

The system they suggested was the PBS 1 which will not operate windows, door locks, ect. I really like the look and convenience of this system I just wonder if the RFID float would ignite system and run hours up if they are close to buttons and if there are any downsides to using them. Also, does it look like it would work in my boat.