Notices

all weather cat??

Old 12-13-2016, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
Default all weather cat??

I'm wondering how this cat would handle Lake Erie? It's 45' long... Have not seen the build structure nor have I been on the boat at all -- it is currently on govdeals.com for 54K. I have no experience with a big cat on this Lake although many have said that a big cat can handle big waves -- although this wouldn't be packing any air to speak of.[ATTACH=CONFIG]562654[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]562655[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]562656[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]562657[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]562658[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails all weather cat??-782_2489_1.jpg   all weather cat??-782_2489_2.jpg   all weather cat??-782_2489_4.jpg  

all weather cat??-782_2489_5.jpg   all weather cat??-782_2489_25.jpg  
Old 12-13-2016, 05:47 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

i did a complete rehab on one of those for the USGS here in MI. It was a bit smaller and an open center console. They use it for research all over the great lakes and love the thing, use it year round till ice covers over then its the first one back out in the spring. They actually spent more on the rehab then if they bought a new one but the build was very specific. All composite/epoxy and no wood in final product, plus i put a Kevlar deck surface on it to help with abrasion resistance. At the time they were unable to request a new boat but they could request funds to rebuild even if it cost more then a new hull (thats your gov for ya) They really liked this one and reasoned even if they did buy a new hull it would go bad in a short time as this one did (rot due to very harsh and extensive use) I gutted it and re built the entire inner structure in Coosa Bluewater and epoxy/1700/Kelar and gave them a lifetime warranty on materials. They love the boat in all conditions but i have to admit it is a bit funky running but you get use to it. That one there looks like it would be a GREAT all weather vessel. . . . .
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 12-13-2016 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

The one above just sold on govdeals.com for $82,544.00. It was all Aluminum...

I was interested at 50K... but without seeing it in person and riding in it -- too much of a gamble.

Oh well