refurbishing.....need advice >

refurbishing.....need advice

Notices

refurbishing.....need advice

Old 10-02-2002, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default refurbishing.....need advice

I AM REFURBISHING THE COMANCHE, SO I NEED SOME ADVICE ON COLORS, MITCHER T HAS DOME AN AWESOME RENDERING FOR ME, I WANTED TO POST(FOR THOUGHTS) BUT NEVER ASKED HIM IF I COULD, SO ANYWAY WHATS SOME GOOD COLORS FOR ENGINES AND DRIVES AND INTERIORS?
Old 10-02-2002, 11:06 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i always kind of liked a white interior, for upholstery anyway. When it nice and clean and brite it always looks great plus it won't fade over the next couple years. If you get any stains brake out the clorox.....
Old 10-03-2002, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

purple and white always looks good, with a splash of yellow and orange and teal, with a hint of red and blue and a few shades of purple............did i already say purple, maybe violet or lavender for the brave. i think that on the classic offshores such as apache , comanche, cigarettes they need and look good in bold and bright colors, they need to make a statement ( as if they dont already ). im sure it would be hard to pick a design and color choice. thats probably while im in an all white, inside and out
fountian with the exception of purple carpet...........did i say purple. im sure what ever you come up with no matter what color scheme, you will be making a statement pulling in. bold and bright has my nod with a comanche i would stay away with the indian theme that needs to be reserved for apaches. just my 2cent
good luck
later
dave hughes
Old 10-03-2002, 11:17 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

wicked stylized indian theme perhaps. But SUPER stylzed almost so you can't telll its an indian theme. Maybe something tribal would be cool.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by later
purple and white always looks good, with a splash of yellow and orange and teal, with a hint of red and blue and a few shades of purple............did i already say purple, maybe violet or lavender for the brave. i think that on the classic offshores such as apache , comanche, cigarettes they need and look good in bold and bright colors, they need to make a statement ( as if they dont already ). im sure it would be hard to pick a design and color choice. thats probably while im in an all white, inside and out
fountian with the exception of purple carpet...........did i say purple. im sure what ever you come up with no matter what color scheme, you will be making a statement pulling in. bold and bright has my nod with a comanche i would stay away with the indian theme that needs to be reserved for apaches. just my 2cent
good luck
later
dave hughes
the indian thing needs to be reserved for apaches?
Old 10-04-2002, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mitcher t is the MAN , Nobody else paint's like him ,He did the Vicious Cat!
Attached Thumbnails refurbishing.....need advice-geneva01_p2_31_picture41.jpg  
Old 10-04-2002, 08:15 PM
Category6

try Kangaroo Graphics, the original designerof the Apaches that werepopular in the 80's and 90's...

Old 10-04-2002, 10:13 PM
KN
Registered

Smart move going with Mitcher T. He painted my boat, he does amazing work. I would trust his opinion on colors. I had him paint my boat of off a rendering he e-mailed, I told him to do what ever he thought was best as far as colors were concerned. Judge for yourself.
Attached Thumbnails refurbishing.....need advice-sunsation-2.jpg  
Old 10-04-2002, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

stay with primary colors, red ,blue, yellow, green, etc. they will not look dated in a few years, remember teal and the pastels? sometimes simpler is better
Old 10-05-2002, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

KN, Very Nice!! I like how it goes back into a deep red, almost burgandy. Got any more pic.'s?

Quick Reply: refurbishing.....need advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.