Old 11-30-2016, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats the Bud select boat.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PigNaPoke
Call me uninformed or skeptical, but isn't this the establishment everyone thinks is a shady business? How do they come into a boat of this caliber? The pictures make it look well kept, but if I am correct about past readings I'd say every bit of the drivetrain would need looked at to be "reliable" because they are probably planning on it lasting til you get out of their sight.

Thinkin guys name is Paul casey.
correct. Complete douche. Everything in that lot is a lost cause.....
Old 11-30-2016, 02:18 PM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trust me those were some fun times!!
Old 11-30-2016, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by keegan
correct. Complete douche. Everything in that lot is a lost cause.....
You sure it's the same? I couldn't verify so I edited... it looks like the same yard to me.

I'd be very cautious even at half that price point.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:15 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

National is VERY hard to get a deal done. However, not every boat is a repo or has a story. Some of the sales are just people that don't want to deal with the normal grind of selling. I wouldn't say it's priced as a steal so that might be the case here. And what repo comes with props IN PROP BOXES. :-)
Old 11-30-2016, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is definetly not the boat from grand, as Tyson stated that boat is now the Speedracer boat on LOTO.
I believe this is the old Turbine boat that Dave had built at the same time. Couple things give it away, first Dave was the only person to run the Trimax drives, also It looks like you can see the old air intake pathways in front of the motors where there should be a solid bulk head. This boat also a couple other unique things to.
Looks like someone took the turbines out and repowered, and glassed in where the turbine air intakes were as well as the rear air foil/spoiler use to be. IMO
One thing to consider is this boat probably had bladders in in when it was built. Which don't last long and probably would need replaced with cells.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 44MTI
This is definetly not the boat from grand, as Tyson stated that boat is now the Speedracer boat on LOTO.
I believe this is the old Turbine boat that Dave had built at the same time. Couple things give it away, first Dave was the only person to run the Trimax drives, also It looks like you can see the old air intake pathways in front of the motors where there should be a solid bulk head. This boat also a couple other unique things to.
Looks like someone took the turbines out and repowered, and glassed in where the turbine air intakes were as well as the rear air foil/spoiler use to be. IMO
One thing to consider is this boat probably had bladders in in when it was built. Which don't last long and probably would need replaced with cells.
Turbine is still in Europe I thought, but I think your right, I have been known to be wrong before but hard to believe this snuck back across the Atlantic repowered with no one noticing I remember Dave saying for high speed the cg needed moved forward but couldn't move the turbines any more forward.

Last edited by baditude; 11-30-2016 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by 44MTI
I admit I was stumped for a bit but I think your right. And the description says its fiberglass and the turbine boat was fiberglass and not carbon. Cockpit looks like that boat also.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:03 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,811 Likes on 901 Posts

Pics of turbine boat. Has the same air intake behind canopy.
Attached Thumbnails Mti at national liquidators-bst4.jpg   Mti at national liquidators-bs3.jpg   Mti at national liquidators-bst6.jpg  

Mti at national liquidators-bst9.jpg   Mti at national liquidators-bst10.jpg   Mti at national liquidators-bst8.jpg  

Old 12-01-2016, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flat rate
I admit I was stumped for a bit but I think your right. And the description says its fiberglass and the turbine boat was fiberglass and not carbon. Cockpit looks like that boat also.
I had forgotten about that. They also took a little out of the front of the tunnel to reduce some lift I believe.
I really don't know much from those pics, but I would guess that it's the old Turbine boat. Sure looks like it in the pics anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.