Iconic Marine Group Sells Pro-Line Brand to Former Partner >

Iconic Marine Group Sells Pro-Line Brand to Former Partner

Notices

Iconic Marine Group Sells Pro-Line Brand to Former Partner

Old 12-11-2016, 12:20 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Just asking and no other intent but trying to understand reading thru some of the posts R 3 works for the company - is he producing sales ? What title does he hold or do for the company cause I have no idea ?

Any of the boats flying out the door sold ? If so to whom ? Anyone up here on OSO bought any of these 3 brands ? - asking because I have not seen or heard of one person as a retail buyer saying or showing a Fountain, Baja or Donzi owning a brand new model in a very very long time ? I know these 3 brands have not sold brand new in the state of Texas for least 6 to 7 years. Not one and still have not currently.

IMO they are being delivered possible to a few dealers as consignments. I could be wrong but really like to know if the retail sales are showing signs of coming back for the Sportboat Vee's

Last edited by BUP; 12-11-2016 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Opinions have everything to do with the forum. Usually there's a lot of BS and forms but sometimes there is actual things that are good to read.

I don't think anybody likes to read the negative rhetoric. I for one would like to be optimistic about fountain powerboats and Reggie fountain the third. Not gonna sit here and bash anybody else but I think that it's very important to be optimistic.

Sticking to your facts of what sales are right now is what you plan to prove that you're right or wrong . who cares. Fact being in 2008 when economy crashed, the boats crash. You see that fountain; there's only 50 of them in the want ads, have you ever seen that before? Only millionaires are buying boats. In millionaires for the most part don't like to do any thing at all except pay people to do their work, for the most part from what I've seen. Middle Class motorheads like to work ot their boats and play around with them . all of us have the boats we could afford right now. Until economy turns around; other people can't buy these types of boats. you're going to see all the the lazy asses buying center consoles and out board motor boat that's all there is to it. For a millionare ... Why not spend twice as much money for something that has some better more expensive parts . Right ? For me i would get the Fountain and just add a couple parts for a fraction of twice as much . And smoke the competition. With a less expensive boat. I would rely on boat knowledge and experience to have fun not money . I already spent all my money on fuel and beer .
Old 12-11-2016, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by CrownLPX
For as much "knowledge" as you post I'd think you would own a boat or possibly contribute to the market. But you don't. Try being an observer as opposed constantly going out of your way for your voice to be heard.
Your assumption would be wrong as I have owned a boat since 2004, for a few years I had 2. Currently I have a whaler with a 4 stroke. My other boat had 4 motors replaced (under Mercury warranty).......the Whaler has had 3 oil changes and 2 impellers so far in 10 years. So I would say I have seen both sides of the argument (I/O vs. 4 stroke).

If I won the powerball tommorow, I still wouldn't buy a new I/O boat. Maybe a used one or maybe just get a 39 NT with triple OB's. So this is something the industry needs to correct or there will be no I/O industry. Also keep in mind for guys like you that do own the I/O stuff, the less units they sell the more they need to make in margin per unit both in complete units and replacement parts.

Remember this thread: http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...00k-spend.html

If I recall not a single OSO member bought a new I/O boat even with a hypothetical 500K in free money to spend. That thread went 19 pages, I would say there was some good general discussion in there but more importantly it shows the market trends and what is in the buyers head!
Old 12-11-2016, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by buck35
And if you can outsmart a fish that makes you what?????
I think most fishermen have to really hate their home lives . I used to go on occasion and sort of enjoyed it , but I see guys out in the river at 430 5 am when its 10 * and pitch dark .... no fun there.
now maybe a guy gets off sitting on his boat with his rod in hand, to each his own.
I have friends that fish, I think "catching fish is better" but I think it is an excuse to go 5 miles offshore and drink. If you happen to catch something then it is a bonus. I put fishing and hunting in the same category. If you are going to eat/process the animal then great have a good time. To go out and just kill something for sport, I'll skip it.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Your assumption would be wrong as I have owned a boat since 2004,!
yea ok,,so what happened to "your" sunsation?
Old 12-11-2016, 08:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jusabum
I believe the "crap" he is posting. He is "spot-on" accurate.
And making your voice heard on a forum is what its all about.
If Fountain is to stand a chance in todays market, they better re-tool the entire line and get very creative. And that would be a big waste of money and time. The consumer simply has moved into another direction for sport boats - Exotic Outboard Powered Center Consoles.
Outerlimits and Cigarette are hanging on by a shoestring, and the others (in Hi-Performance Offshore) are only building a boat here and there.
Just look at whats going on - Nortech, MTI, Mystic and Statement seem to be the dominators today.
I really dont know whats going to happen with Fountain,hopefully they make it because a lot of people work there and depend on a pay check every week,but personally I am not concerned about it.

but when you have Jupiter Sunsation make stupid comments like this
" Fountains are like VCR's, everyone had one in the 80's and 90's but that doesn't make them relevant in 2016."
thats when I have to ask him if he believes the crap he is typing,and I bet Jupiter Sunsation would give his left nut to have a Fountain.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
yea ok,,so what happened to "your" sunsation?
It is residing in the Galveston area with its new owner Bart. Talked with him a few times since he bought it.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
It is residing in the Galveston area with its new owner Bart. Talked with him a few times since he bought it.
Not what I meant,and you know it,
Old 12-11-2016, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 1,323 Likes on 739 Posts

I'll take the bait.

So 3 oil changes in 10 years! Now OB's are so super special they don't even need oil changes,,,,,,,, ok
I have said it before we used to have low HP ski boats (351W fords) in the 70's that we would beat the crap out of and run them 1500-2000 hours with just oil and water pump changes. It's not hard if it is low HP and used.

Issue now is the old BBC that merc uses, there is a reason the townboat market has went with newer platforms.

But back to the topic, JS is right the sport boat market is pretty dead. But I don't really think the guys that were buying Baja's, checkmates, and fountains are now buying 400k + triple/quad CC's now.

Maybe a few but as others have said the middle class doesn't have the money anymore. I do think statement has a "entry" level twin CC for 275k?

I wonder when these 3-4 engine CC's start really to hit the used market. Not sure about anyone else but I don't want a high hour 3-4 motor OB any more then a trip I//O.

Last edited by Wildman_grafix; 12-11-2016 at 08:46 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
I really dont know whats going to happen with Fountain,hopefully they make it because a lot of people work there and depend on a pay check every week,but personally I am not concerned about it.

but when you have Jupiter Sunsation make stupid comments like this
" Fountains are like VCR's, everyone had one in the 80's and 90's but that doesn't make them relevant in 2016."
thats when I have to ask him if he believes the crap he is typing,and I bet Jupiter Sunsation would give his left nut to have a Fountain.
Would you not agree that 15 years old+ on a boat design is getting tired out? That Executioner windshield looks like it is retrofitted from the 80's lightnings. The cabin interiors got a nice refresh in 08/09 but the rest of the boat is the same. Have you seen where the market evolved, look in an OL interior for example.

FYI I was looking at the 35 Executioner in 2004 due to its price point but hated the windshield and the paint schemes offered. I thought the 32 MCOB was the best design for what I was going to use the boat for. In S Florida cabins are useless due to the heat and Sunsation offered the MCOB for the first time in the 32. Sure the Fountain was faster but it felt like I was buying an old boat due to the looks. I think the 42/47's with a race fairing look a great, but I don't really love the Lightning windshields either (especially the tall ones from earlier years).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.