Skater 478 V-Bottom Hits 123 MPH With More Left >

Skater 478 V-Bottom Hits 123 MPH With More Left

Notices

Skater 478 V-Bottom Hits 123 MPH With More Left

Old 12-22-2016, 01:46 AM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by PigNaPoke

"THERE'S MORE IN IT" don't understand why that is said, EVER.
Normally I would agree, it's usually completely stupid when they give a number that was set with 5 gal of gas and weeks of setup and prop changes and the boat will never be able to hit that number ever again and then say there's more in it. The only reason I would say this one might "have more in it". Is because it ran 123 on the first pass. Not trying different props, different trims, a long run, ect. That number was done with out hitting the trim button and in less then a mile. So I do actually think it could go faster. But it was cold out and getting dark when we made it to the water so only one pass trying to go fast was made, and it was a higher speed the the customer was guaranteed so back on the trailer it went.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

I don't hate the interior but I don't get that type of material.

For me I am ALWAYS out of the boat swimming around and all that, That interior looks like it would do terrible with everyone being wet all the time.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSilverCat
Normally I would agree, it's usually completely stupid when they give a number that was set with 5 gal of gas and weeks of setup and prop changes and the boat will never be able to hit that number ever again and then say there's more in it. The only reason I would say this one might "have more in it". Is because it ran 123 on the first pass. Not trying different props, different trims, a long run, ect. That number was done with out hitting the trim button and in less then a mile. So I do actually think it could go faster. But it was cold out and getting dark when we made it to the water so only one pass trying to go fast was made, and it was a higher speed the the customer was guaranteed so back on the trailer it went.
If the boat isn't dialed in and ready, don't run it for an article. The "we're waiting on bigger props" line is all played out.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by jusabum
If the boat isn't dialed in and ready, don't run it for an article. The "we're waiting on bigger props" line is all played out.
maybe being it's winter it is the only time the two could get together.

Bunch sand in panties folks around here
Old 12-22-2016, 08:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSilverCat
The only reason I would say this one might "have more in it". Is because it ran 123 on the first pass. Not trying different props, different trims, a long run, ect. That number was done with out hitting the trim button and in less then a mile. So I do actually think it could go faster. But it was cold out and getting dark when we made it to the water so only one pass trying to go fast was made, and it was a higher speed the the customer was guaranteed so back on the trailer it went.
Dude, why are you being so PC. Why dont you just say what you were thinking...

Hey, motherfuggers it was dark, ten degrees and we were dodging icebergs. 123 is pretty damn good considering the circumstances.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Smile

Yeah man ICDEDPPL that $hit! ^^
Trump is in, no more sugar coating.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:45 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,738 Likes on 1,229 Posts

Originally Posted by jusabum
Like all news, the story of a newly finished model in the early stages of testing is dynamic, evolving if you prefer. Typically, if a builder does come back with a bigger top-speed number (just one data point in performance but one people tend to want) we follow up with a story. If no improvement is achieved—for whatever reason—there's really nothing to report.

As a reporter, I look at it this way: You now have accurate information you didn't have, at least confirmed, before the story ran. If people involved achieve a better top speed at some point, we'll report it. If it doesn't happen, you'll know what the boat achieved. That someone involved believed it could do more will become irrelevant.

Yes, the expression, "It has more in it" has become something of a cliche in the go-fast boating world. That said, I'm not sure why it upsets anyone.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

[QUOTE=Matt Trulio;4511958]Like all news, the story of a newly finished model in the early stages of testing is dynamic, evolving if you prefer. Typically, if a builder does come back with a bigger top

Thanks for the article Matt as I and several others enjoyed it.
You cant please everyone,but, its winter and the winey Biotches come out. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
Old 12-22-2016, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Was this unit built with "an open wallet"?
Old 12-22-2016, 10:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Was this unit built with "an open wallet"?
Yes. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.