CrazyHorse Turkey Burn Oct. 5

Notices

CrazyHorse Turkey Burn Oct. 5

Old 10-01-2002, 01:57 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CrazyHorse Turkey Burn Oct. 5

O.K here's the deal....we are going to meet at GreatLakes at noon Saturday if the Big lake is nice we can run to GrandHaven or WhiteLake or if its too rough we can play in Muskegon Lake....round trip should be around 3 hours with a cocktail break. On return the Burn will begin! Dave and I will spring for the birds and Beer!!!If you want to bring a dish to pass thats great!We can use the lounge area above the fuel dock during Business hours thats until 6:00 pm there is a covered picnic area we can use after that. Dave and I will need to plan ahead so who's coming????
Old 10-01-2002, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds like fun. I missed the last one so i should be able to get permission for this one. I hope the weather holds out for a ride. I would probably trailer it there since Holland is a long way away if the weather turns, or it is dark and I'm drunk. I would like to boat from here so i will play it by ear. I know where the launch is but not where the party place is. i use the launch that is next to the big coal pile. It is in a cove with a steel wall across from it. Crazy should know. Is this where you are starting. It is the only place i know of to launch a big boat.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:50 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok Guys,
More details, is there a launch at the marina? Are there slips to tie up to while we eat, etc.. If no launch how do you get to the closest or best launch?? I dont want to chance a trip from GH to Muskegon and then back, that late in the year.. I would rather run out of Muskegon..
Boat is sitting at home waiting for the chance to hit the trailer hitch..

Dick
Old 10-01-2002, 05:10 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

To all concerned:

Great Lakes Marina is on the south side of Muskegon Lake, near the west end. The large retired passenger liner (it's big, it's white, it's called the Milwaukee Clipper, it's easy to see!!!!) is moored right at it's entrance when coming in from Muskegon Lake.Stay between the markers, trust me.

There is a ramp RIGHT NEXT DOOR to GLM. If you head west on Lakeshore (Laketon turns into Lakeshore drive.....US31 to Laketon West......turns into Lakeshore at the top of the hill overlooking the lake) until you see the Amaco/Marathon (not sure which, one of the red white and blue stations) the marina is directly behind it and the ramp is about 1/4 mile more down the road on your right. Grand Trunk Launch I believe it is called. Dave launches the Sea Ray here and I've launched here many times (as has Fred, Dyno, SuperV, Jafo, and many others).

I'm planning on being there. Will need a ride though....done boating for the year with the 'Foul.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:19 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

I,m in!!!!! Michelle wants to go so are there any women going? Mike, you can be our rope monkey if you don't mind the fenderboat I will bring whatever. How about lunch? I can get a 6ft sub to bring or something else. It looks like a small chance for rain but being by the lake it probably won't happen. Crazyman, give me some ideas for what to bring, If we need something for dinner I can bring it. Looking forward to seeing ya'all.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:05 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Mitch,
bring anything you want....If you want lunch there is a subway across the street and there is a couple of bars within walking distance of the marina with good food....Dave and Barb are going to the store to check on Turkeys and the like tonight ....and by the way I am bringing my wife and daughter....I think I'll skip lunch have some munchies on the boat and save room for the turkey...If we get to G.H or White Lake we can tie up and run into town for a bite if you like.
Don
Old 10-01-2002, 07:14 PM
Registered

Thats cool, our daughter won't be home so we will be on our own. I'll just play lunch by ear, munchies sound better anyway Theres a big storm comming right now (I live 1/4 mile from Lake MI) so I am turning this thing off until it is over. I just replaced this from the last storm. What a pain.
Old 10-01-2002, 08:59 PM
Registered

wow, man. Smoke joints, not turkeys.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

And it sounds like Mitch SMOKED a computer from the last storm.

Anyway, I made a little racket with my 540's tonight. I can't believe how smooth they idle! And then you hit the throttles a little and those things SNAP to attention like RIGHT NOW! EXTREMELY CRISP! Crispy, crispy crispy! Just have a few loose end to tie up yet.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:06 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

way to go Mark I'll expect to see you satuday then right????
not much interest so far... Dave we may get out of this cheap a turkey sub from subway and a six pack thats like 4 bucks .......

Quick Reply: CrazyHorse Turkey Burn Oct. 5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.