Sneak Peek: Outerlimits SL 41 OB >

Sneak Peek: Outerlimits SL 41 OB

Notices

Sneak Peek: Outerlimits SL 41 OB

Old 02-22-2017, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 39 Unlimited
Beautiful boat love the paint and graphic's. Only question, how would you get in and out of this boat in the water?
Years ago I asked the same question about another OL I was admiring. It was explained to me that swimming off the back of a boat wasn't something that Mike Fiore was practiced in doing, or cared to do; consequently, his designs often didn't even address the ability to swim off the back.

Apparently not giving a hoot about being able to swim off the back hasn't changed at OL.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Years ago I asked the same question about another OL I was admiring. It was explained to me that swimming off the back of a boat wasn't something that Mike Fiore was practiced in doing, or cared to do; consequently, his designs often didn't even address the ability to swim off the back.

Apparently not giving a hoot about being able to swim off the back hasn't changed at OL.
I guess it is a New England thing because never once have I swam off the back of my boat, and out of my dozen or so friends that have go fast boats, I cant remember anybody ever swimming off the back.

The reason for that is is probably because nobody rafts up and hangs our for the day in a remote area. Every place that somebody ties up or stops is either a bar or a restaurant.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
I guess it is a New England thing because never once have I swam off the back of my boat, and out of my dozen or so friends that have go fast boats, I cant remember anybody ever swimming off the back.

The reason for that is is probably because nobody rafts up and hangs our for the day in a remote area. Every place that somebody ties up or stops is either a bar or a restaurant.
Yes I totally get that. It's a big part of boating on Cumberland but we take for granted the ability to just jump in a clear, clean and warm (in the summer) body of water that's free of fish that can eat you
Old 02-22-2017, 01:48 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Ah, where there's a will there's a way. It might not be convenient, but I imagine a dedicated soul on a mission could carefully climb around the outboards to get back in the back boat.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

boat came with a ladder under the hatch that can b hung off the side pretty simple
Old 02-22-2017, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I sent one of my new Captains to bring one of my Parasail boats back to the Marina from the beach (15 minute trip). One hour later they found him sitting on top of the outdrive about a mile offshore. He jumped off the boat to get a line out of the prop and then realized he couldnt get back on board. He quit wondering why we had a folding ladder under the seats...
Old 02-22-2017, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport

Definitely a region thing I think.

Over here is it sandbar get togethers. So everyone is off the back of the boats and in the water all the time.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

In new England the water is warm enough to swim in about two months a summer ( for my liking anyways) but we swim off my buddies 42 OL all the time. We carefully use the top of the 6 drive and get on the swim platform. Not ideal but it works like a charm and I'm not exactly a ballerina.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

How's the price of this package compare to the 700 model?

The big cockpit area is a massive bonus if done right
Old 02-23-2017, 06:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Bostonirish
In new England the water is warm enough to swim in about two months a summer ( for my liking anyways) but we swim off my buddies 42 OL all the time. We carefully use the top of the 6 drive and get on the swim platform. Not ideal but it works like a charm and I'm not exactly a ballerina.
Ya, I lived in CT for a few yrs. and remember the water never really got warm.

When I had my Superboat, I kept a short piece of rope with a loop in it in my life jacket pocket. Just in case I got tossed, I could use it to get back in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.