Notices

Fort Myers Beach

Old 10-08-2002, 03:17 PM
offshor

Thanks for the replys.....Has anyone been to an Italian place called Divincios ( or something like that ) in Bonita ?

Old 10-08-2002, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Offshor:

I think you mean Vincenzo's on Bonita Beach Rd. It's fine. A small place and they think they're pretty hot in season - valet parking only, in a dirt lot.

For ambience I'd recommend the restaurant at the Diamond Head beach resort. For decent Italian food and wine I'd recommend Francesca's at Mid Island Marina. It really is waterfront. Half the restaurant is out on the docks.

Does anyone know if the Channel Mark is still doing Sunday afternoon / evening for powerboats ? I'm leaving to trailer the boat down tomorrow and staying 'til Monday afternoon. Thought I'd get in a little "joy riding" to hold me over 'til next time.

Tom
Old 10-08-2002, 07:29 PM
offshor

What about seafood ? My wife is a baked clam and grouper nut. Usually find the baked clams at Italian rest.

Old 10-08-2002, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an office in Ft Myers and was down there last week. Had dinner one night at the Channel Mark and they still had the banner up for Thunder Sundays. Great idea, show off your ride and have a good time. They are just coming into season so I'm sure it will continue and get better. I wish we had something like that around here.
As for dinner spots, the Chart House is good and Shooters is close by it, they are on the river. The Bubble Room is interesting if you have never been there, it's on Sanibel. If you have a boat, or you can rent one, run up to Cabbage Key for a great burger.
I'm currently looking at the possibility of relocating back to the area and basing myself from the Ft Myers office.
I've got to tell you real estate values for canal / direct access homes have tripled in the last 3 years.
Old 10-08-2002, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Offshor:

Every restaurant on or near the beach has grouper, the favorite dish of the state bird - the early bird.

If you have a boat or rent one, I like the green flash on Captiva, or South Seas Plantation. I also like the burgers on Cabbage Key but my wife enjoys a more sophisticated atmosphere.
Old 10-08-2002, 08:01 PM
mmo jo

Ill be out on sunday.