Notices

OT: Presidents speech

Old 10-08-2002, 06:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question OT: Presidents speech

I didn't get to see it last night, was busy and by the time I finished, so was he. But heard on the radio on the way in that the ABC, CBS and NBC didn't carry it.
Wonder why?
This wasn't some fund raiser speech, he was talking to the nation about Iraq. All the other networks carried it, why didn't they?

Did anyone else hear this?
Old 10-08-2002, 06:41 AM
Offshore Addiction

yes,he made alot of good points.....and gave alot of dead lines for action....I do understand about cleaning these mad men out.....but dont beleive in the rebuilding afterwards......we have our own nation to build,and our own people to take care of.....we stopped that kind of crap on our homeland years ago,its time that they do,we shouldnt have to stop it for them...only for us!!!!!!

Old 10-08-2002, 06:44 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was never intended to be televised on those stations. Besides why would the liberal stations televise anything Conservative and proactive for our country before and election year. They must build momentum for their side.

All kidding aside, it was a good speech. He discussed all the reasons Iraq was a threat and how they have done nothing they agreed to post Persian Gulf War. AP printed it completely in their reports this morning if you are looking for it.
Old 10-08-2002, 07:48 AM
Registered

I listened to it on NPR in the truck. The man cannot speak well but is a GREAT President. This morning on TODAY the LIBERAL Katie Couric interviewed a former U.N. Weapons Inspector who put it VERY WELL! He said that Saddam's condition of not inspecting Presidential Locations, not just his palaces would be off limits. This totals about 75 square KM or 50+ square miles of territory. You can house a LOT of weapons in that size area! We are right back where we were 4 years ago. The time to act is NOW! I also agree with Chris Reindl, no rebuilding. If they don't build themselves back with decent leaders we will take 'em out again. It is time to stop this bull****. Then you hear these liberal politicians (Senator Kennedy is the worst!)talk about how we need to exhaust all means necessary first. WE HAVE TRIED FOR 10 YEARS ALREADY! Time is up, NOW is the time for ACTION!
Old 10-08-2002, 07:55 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Shane ,

I couldn't agree more.

Now , we can rebuild but get to keep the oil fields as payment for services rendered !
Old 10-08-2002, 08:05 AM
Registered

Wes,

EXACTLY! And maybe then the Saudi's will show a little more respect to the people who FOUND their oil, TAPPED their oil, SHOWED them how to find and harvest it, and BUY it!
Old 10-08-2002, 08:56 AM
Registered

I am so sick of our gov't always wanting to rebuild these pos countries! Who's going to rebuild our economy?? Individual American's savings have been wiped out by all this crap that's affected the economy. Individual hard working Americans losing 20k, 50k, even 100k in 401k plans and company stock savings. Layoffs, bankruptcy, just general economic chaos. Give that money back to hard working Americans!!!

Mr Bush Senior, I know you are a huge powerboat fan and if you are lurking, put in a word for us! Take care of our own first!
Old 10-08-2002, 09:10 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Mach1Shorty
I am so sick of our gov't always wanting to rebuild these pos countries! Who's going to rebuild our economy?? Individual American's savings have been wiped out by all this crap that's affected the economy. Individual hard working Americans losing 20k, 50k, even 100k in 401k plans and company stock savings. Layoffs, bankruptcy, just general economic chaos. Give that money back to hard working Americans!!!

Mr Bush Senior, I know you are a huge powerboat fan and if you are lurking, put in a word for us! Take care of our own first!
RIGHT ON!
Old 10-08-2002, 09:43 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

See now I am all wound up!!!! OH WELL Back to work!!!

Jon
Old 10-08-2002, 09:52 AM
Registered

Any building we do over there, is prisons. We can send our hardened criminals over there instead of letting them out early.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.