Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OHIO OSOer's!  Central Ohio fall shootout. >

OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout.

Notices

OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout.

Old 10-08-2002, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALFSTER

There has been a guy that shows up with a radar gun, but nothing organized or marked off. In the past, it basically turns out to be a bunch of guys that aren't ready to put their boats up for the winter. We would just cruise up and down the lake until you find someone you want to run, or wants to run you. Once you find a run, you roll up next to them and head to one end. Make a big arching turn, get her straight, and run 'em.

We never had driver's meeting's, no classes, no insurance, no prizes. As far as everyone is concerned, we are going out for a day of boating and it just turns out that 100 other hotboaters showed up too.

Everyone has always been safe and smart about what they are doing out there. We do it so late in the season to avoid the lake lice and other pleasure boaters. The lake will be all hot boats and maybe the occasional sail boat on this Sunday. The DNR may have an eye on us, and may stop to talk to a few of us, so have your safety gear and registration up to date. Some years they are nowhere to be seen, other years they are all over us. Either way, we still have fun and run each other.

There is no speed limit or horsepower limit on the lake.
Old 10-08-2002, 09:34 AM
Registered

Originally posted by sign4boat
BRIAN IS THIS A JOKE? I THOUGHT THE ONLY LAKE IN OHIO WAS LAKE CUMBERLAND
Blaahahaa!!!

No kidding!!!

Well, it's actually a "resevoir", so you are technically correct.

The other is the "Sea of Erie"

Us Ohioans blew all of our money towing to Lake Cumberland all summer long, now we have to use some of the local puddles to get our fix.
Old 10-08-2002, 10:04 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Luv-N-It
Sweet, I am there!!!!!!!
I haven't winterized yet.

Brian, are you going to be there? Why haven't I heard of this yet?
Luv-N-It,
I'll be there no matter what!
It was always word of mouth, not even posted on the net or anything. I have been going the past five or six years, exept last year. I just got an e-mail from a buddy reminding me of it, otherwise I would have missed it too! He and his Dad both are bringing Skater's, as well as three other 28 Skater's that hang with them. I invited some buddies from up north that have three Skater's between them and another smaller cat.

If anything, there will be one hell of a showing of Skater's!
Old 10-08-2002, 10:15 AM
Registered

Flyinbrian
If its the skaters from Indian Lake? If it is they run good seen them last Sun. at a shootout we have down here.We'll be there if the weather holds out,not sure the # of boats yet.
Old 10-08-2002, 10:23 AM
Registered

Default ALFSTER

Yep,
Those are the ones. How many and what size(s) were the ones you saw.

There are three 28 footers running on Indian Lake, two 24's plus my 24 sometimes, and a 21 footer with twin 2.5s that really moves.

Unless it's snowing or raining, I'll be there. In the past, we've had a good crowd with temps in the high 50s.
Old 10-08-2002, 10:26 AM
Registered

Well, hell I may just have to hold off on the engine upgrades for a few more months and throw a stock cam back in my motor so I can make it As for the DNR, I have a relative that is a Deleware City cop and she patrols with the DNR and has told me about this event. I will have to tell her that it will be on an different weekend than what they thought
Old 10-08-2002, 10:39 AM
Registered

There was a 21 w/ twins,a multi coloerd 24 w/twins and a 30 spectre.Hows the turn out of single engine v's.

THRILLSEEKER
I have a couple good used cams you can borrow if you want,pm if you need the specs
Old 10-08-2002, 10:47 AM
Registered

ALFSTER-
Oh, OK. That sounds like Todd, his Dad, and their buddy. All from Indian Lake. I forgot about the Spectre. Todd is the one who reminded me of this one.

Single V's, plenty. Kunkle Marine has been known to show up with a Checkmate set on "kill mode". There are also boats like 20 Baja's with a tweaked small block, etc.

If "Maximum Velocity" shows up, which he always has in the past, get ready for a twin I/O to put on a show.

It's by far, not a cats only get together.

Thrillseeker-
Throw a new bumpstick in it and go!
If Alfster doesn't have what you're looking for. I have a used Crane hyd. .480/.494 280 for SBC that you can have if you want. You'll need to buy lifters though.
Old 10-08-2002, 10:54 AM
Registered

THIS IS GOING TO BE SWEET

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 20TH TO GET HERE I HOPE THERE IS NO RAIN
Old 10-08-2002, 10:59 AM
Registered

Thanks for all of the offers guys Does anyone know if Team Mutual Fun will be there? Man, all of theese fast cats are going to make my slow cig look like a rowboat

Last edited by THRILLSEEKER; 10-08-2002 at 11:06 AM.

Quick Reply: OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.