Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OHIO OSOer's!  Central Ohio fall shootout. >

OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout.

Notices

OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout.

Old 10-21-2002, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first i must have been drunk because as i was leaving i saw the 21 and the blue eliminator square up at the south end and by the marina the eliminater was way out front . the 21 only passed cause he shut down the eliminator.

more important though i had a blast despite the fact i came dry.
Tommy thanks for taking us out all day, and Brian thanks for an awsome cat ride, beautiful boat. worth the frostbite cold is not an excuse.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:30 AM
Registered

Great Day! Wish we could all do it again sometime soon... did I hear Ohio River in Cincinnati

Great to meet and put faces with names too. Thanks RTBT looking for a plug that I thought I lost. Nice boat too!

Again, nice meeting everyone. Everyone was very cool.

LOTS OF NICE EQUIPMENT GOING UP AND DOWN THE LAKE!

Mike Wright
96' 272 25th Anniversary Baja
Old 10-21-2002, 07:35 AM
Registered

almost forgot Mike it was good to meet you guys. tried to find you later in the day but couldn't . i like the baja's nice boats. thanks for the brew.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Thrill.....I dropped of my passenger and tried to find twinn O/B sonic....He was gone....He is a Lake Erie guy also ?

I B.S.ed with the Apache people for an hour & didnt get a name !!!
What a slick boat !!!!! Nice people ! They are talking about a Early spring run at Cumberland. Count me in!! I know the owner lurks & the other guy is on...Talk to us ?

Yea Luv...... somebody said Cin. in 2 weeks.....Schmitt {sp} field
Loooooooong runs .....
Old 10-21-2002, 08:16 AM
Registered

Bird, When you say loooong runs, what do you mean? I have done 150 mile round trip runs in a day...would this one be longer?

By the way, my wife and I saw you sitting and you have a nice boat.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:58 AM
Registered

As far as who beat who between the turbo eliminator. The first pass (towards the dam) I was out front when we shut down. The next pass (heading towards the marina.) I had my hands full and we were both rolling some pretty good triple digits. Then I saw his boat quit. I thought he blew it up. I saw the boat after we ran and from the oil in the bottom. I figured it blew up. Then a few others said it blew up. The guys who towed him in said that he ran out of fuel. That he did not blow it up. They said it restarted out there with fuel.
So as far as who beat who. I will say this. Tom said the first pass he was running me down, but we ran out of room before he could pass me (because of the dam.) The next pass we were really far apart and were still accelerating when he ran out of fuel. All I can say is the little 21' was running 122 on the little gps. Tom who owns the turbo eliminator said they can run 130. I would love to run him again. Tom and I talked about hooking up again to run.
Take the race how ever you saw it. I had a great time.
Sorry to all the guys who I ticked off on here earlier. Met a lot of you down there and hope we can do these gatherings more.
Thanks for the great show guys.
Todd Lamb

PS
Packin Air, A place called Caesars accidently called the shop. They asked for you. I told them they had the wrong number, but I knew you. They told me to tell you that your friend needed picked up and to come pay your tab. It is over $10,000. lol.
See ya!!!
Old 10-21-2002, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

WOW...WHAT A DAY!!

It was great to meet everyone and finally put some faces with the names! Some very nice boats! I look forward to hangin' down at lake cumberland and hopefully make it up to PIB!!

As far as who is the King.....well I think we all have our own opinions!...............ALL I CAN SAY IS TWIN TURBO!!

But that is just one mans opinion.........

Old 10-21-2002, 09:54 AM
Registered

I can't wait for some warm weather now.
I have some new boatin' buds to hang with at Lake Cumberland.

ITLLFLI-
You and I both know who had the baddest ride of all.....
We were sitting there shooting the chit, when Tommy came idling by in his 190 Baja, powered by some high-tech, physics experiment, electric motor from MIT. He clicked a button and we heard some sort of blower device spool up?!!?!! Not to mention the extra slick all black anti-fouling speed coat that gave him the edge over the twin turbo boat.
j/k, Tommy!

That Baja of Allan's runs real strong, he put on a good showing for the vees.
Really, the vee that surprised us all was that red Checkmate Persuader. That's a cat's worst nightmare. He had the ultimate sleeper.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:57 AM
Registered

Borrowed from Caeser's, I mean, Scott's site. Here is a pic of the twin turbos that beat up on us EGGBEATERS!!
Attached Thumbnails OHIO OSOer's!  Central Ohio fall shootout.-twinturbos.jpg  
Old 10-21-2002, 10:22 AM
Registered

hey take it easy on the little red baja she took us all over the lake all day long for probrably $5.00 worth of gas.,

and $100.00 of jet fuel but who's keeping track. lol

Quick Reply: OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.