Cutting Edge props or Frank and Jimmies propeller >

Cutting Edge props or Frank and Jimmies propeller

Notices

Cutting Edge props or Frank and Jimmies propeller

Old 10-21-2016, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Cutting Edge props or Frank and Jimmies propeller

Looking for reviews on there work. Specifically a number 6 style Speedmaster propeller Fine tuning and speed and RPM.

If you have some good or bad experiences I'd like to hear about your experience with either company.

What was your wants or needs and expectations and did they meet them?
Old 10-22-2016, 08:03 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can give you my experience with Frank and Jimmies. I have a 21ft superboat with a 509 big block. Bravo outdrive with imco -2 lower. I tried numerous props. Bravos,mirage,rev4. Just wasn't happy with the way the boat handled. I realize a 21ft boat with 450 plus horsepower is never going to be a easy boat to drive. Fast forward. Through a friend I meet edelectra. After Eddie driving the boat he narrowed the prop for the boat. Bravo 28p. He said send it to Frank and Jimmies. Eddie called them for me giving them my application and what needed to be done. They took the stock bravo one 28p,shortened the blades from 15 1/4 to 14 7/5 and labbed it. The results were amazing. The accerlation from 30 to 70 improved drastically. The boat now handles 100 percent better. They do have a few locations. If you decide to use them make sure it goes to there Fort Lauderdale location. Mike Eggleston is the guy who does the racing props. I'm sure if you get a hold of edelectra on here he will chime in. His activator is over 120mph,so he's doing something right. Hope this helps. Here is the prop after they got done with it.
Attached Thumbnails Cutting Edge props or Frank and Jimmies propeller-20160824_130422.jpg  
Old 10-22-2016, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 907 Likes on 303 Posts

Augie at CE always treated me great and casts his own props from scratch. Never an issue with his workmanship, repair, or tuning. However his specialty is bravo, and know he doesn't cast any SSM stuff cause I've ask a couple time. But if he did, I'd buy them without question.

He repaired one of his 5 blades for me after I hit a cable and trashed it. He said would make a good spare, but it still ran within 1mph of the replacement...
Old 10-27-2016, 01:31 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

The BBLADES team has a combined 90 years of #6 propeller builds, repairs and modifications at both Mercury Racing and BBLADES.

jponfrank, just as a fyi, the Bravo 1 28 is the smallest diameter in the Bravo 1 family. Although it is marketed at 15.25", it actually come out of the box at 14.75" with a occasional blade measuring 14.875".
Also, your prop was originally Lab Finished at Mercury Racing in 2003 per the serial number.

Brett
Old 11-04-2016, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I use Mike at Fj prop also, and he does do a great job. But I would probably use Brett at BBlades if I had to ship the props since he is much closer to you. Working on props is an art and there are many guys out there that are very good at it.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cutting edge is awesome. Great quality, great prices and awesome turnaround!

I sent them props in August and once we talked they guaranteed I would have them back on a specific date. When they realized that they couldn't meet that date because of the transit time from CA to NH via ground they covered the extra cost to send them 3 day select so I would get them on the day that we agreed to! Awesome customer service!

Other places would have been like oh well!
Old 11-28-2016, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

My experience with Cutting Edge was great as well. They did some work on my SSM props. Once they arrived there, they had them finished and back on the way home in 3-4 days. Pricing was very good as well.
Old 11-28-2016, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Ive used Brett at Bblades many times. Always good to talk to and does great work. I have noticed that prop work has gone up substantially in price over the last 8 years. It seems like your gonna spend 1K to have 2 four blade Bravo 1 props lab finished these days.....
Old 01-16-2017, 11:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I an very please with cutting edge, sending another bravo 1 tomorrow to have it worked on
Old 01-17-2017, 08:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I too, have been very impressed with cutting edge, Augie and Ulysses are great to work with. Augie was also one of the driving forces behind Rolla props iirc....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.