Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
32' Sunsation....impressive speeds >

32' Sunsation....impressive speeds

Notices

32' Sunsation....impressive speeds

Old 10-16-2002, 01:24 PM
rick32

I love all these Sunsation Posts.......
Keep them coming......tell me more about the boats... I wish I had other breathren out here in So Cal...... I was in Havasu last weekend and saw not one other than myself... however folks were all asking what I was driving, etc... some said man that a good looking boat , I like the way it sits in the water, etc.....

Rick32

Old 10-16-2002, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rick

i’ll go boat’n with ya! i have a 98 sun 32’. i’m not in so cal but i do go to havasu about 3-4 times a year, lake mead 3-4 times a year and have been wanting to do a trip to Catalina island some time.

i know what you mean about folks asking what your driving. i was boating at utah lake and was tied up to the dock at the provo marina which is by an airport. this guy was flying over and i guess he saw my boat, turned around landed and hopped a shuttle over to the dock just to ask me what kind of boat i had and look at the cabin. he must have had an awful good eye to see it from altitude.
Old 10-16-2002, 02:54 PM
Bayley

fountain27ho496,
That was the same guy I was talking to a few years back. He lives down in Romulus and does a lot of powder coating for the OEM exhibits for the auto show and other stuff. Very friendly guy, loved to talk about boats. I guess in the summer of 2000 he went through something like three drives. Not sure what they were (standard, XR's, XZ, etc...) but he was busting them up pretty quickly. All of sudden, that extra 30K for the second motor and drive doesn't sound like such a bad investment.

Dave B,
You need to drag that thing up to Michigan next summer for the owners Rally!

-Bayley

Old 10-16-2002, 03:05 PM
AZDominator

Hey Rick! We'll be in Havasu this weekend Sat. thru Mon.! I'll be with a 33 Donzi ZX at London Bridge. C'mon Over!

Old 10-16-2002, 05:38 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Dave Sunsation, Thanks

dominating S/32, I think you are the guy that called me a couple
of weeks ago, I'm glad that everything is working out for you, Enjoy your kick-azz boat. The look on someones face with twins after you suprise them with a single is PRICELESS

Bayley, I think most of the drive failures are related to one's throttling ability, Although it is a big boat for a single as long as you are quick on the throttle and easy getting up on plane and changing the gear oil often it should hold up no problem, I smoked a drive with less than 5hrs on my single 32' during the Sunsation Rally but thanks to Sunsation I had a new one on and I was back in the water in less than an hour and Merc covered the broken drive under warrenty since it was defective from the the Merc factory. I raced a 288 with a mild blower motor and a stock Bravo and had zero drive failures, And I know a guy running 700+HP in a single with a stock Bravo and he's been waiting for it to explode for 3yrs now. When are we going to do lunch again?
Old 10-16-2002, 06:40 PM
rick32

Dean,
Were you up there at Havasu for the spring heat wave poker run... staying at the London Bridge resort w/ the wife and kids ??? If so I think we chated real quick ... your boat has a red fering right ? If so I had the all white Dominator with purple on the sides...... ** Mr. Phantom Chaos made a havasu video of thy rocket see it belwo:

Rick32's Rocket :

First try just playing Video:
http://www.vxi.cc/OffshoreBid-001.wmv

Click below to get The Player Link if you do not have:
http://www.scopeinfo.com/Videos.htm#Player-Download

Let me know what ya think !

Regards,
Rick 32

Old 10-16-2002, 08:28 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

dominating S/32 ............ YOUR ACTIVATOR did it have a huge blower with orange of red headers?????

Tantrum ......... I don't know what I am doing this weekend. I am going to play it by ear. If I get really ambitious I will think about taking the motor out to change the oil pan or I might just wait till the inter cooler comes in. Either way once the motor is out it will be out for the winter. If someone really twist my arm enough I might go out one last time looking for some rough water. If there is a small craft advisory I will be there without hesitation.

Paul
Old 10-17-2002, 11:40 AM
Registered

rick,
no i wasn’t at havasu for the poker run. damn it! as much as i wanted to be i wasn’t able to go. i am in the process of installing hydraulic steering, so my boat is out of service for the time being. but i love havasu and am always looking for reasons and good people to go with. my goal is to defiantly make it to the spring run for sure.

i love your vidio! i actually have it saved to my hard drive from when phan posted it in the general discussion section. i watch it every morning when i get to work. it gives me inspiration and wakes me up in the morning. i like how the suns ride in the water at speed, looks so sweeeeet !
what speeds were you clipping at coming back from the sb? sure looks cool & fun! can’t wait to get back on the water. we’ll have to hook up some time.
Old 10-17-2002, 11:51 AM
rick32

Deano,

I have twin 500efi's with dry exhaust... so my midrange is very tremendous...... Anyhow, the best speed I got that weekend were 86 mph.....on GPS..... I added the Vortec K&N air fliters which help at Havasu.... Those 500's get real snotty when you
run anything over 87-89 Octane in them ... and the only thing I could find that weekend was 92 octane.... My transome was black and I was not running as I should have, plus I was on non-lab finnished props trying to see what RPMS I was running , etc to get them labbed........With my old props and right gas, I've run 91 and back down to 87-88 then to 91 again.... You bounch off 90 basically with these 500EFI's....

I love it though ! Can't wait for the big one !

Regards,
Rick

Old 10-17-2002, 02:20 PM
Registered

We have anew one on our Lake and the owner says it will run mid 80's with 496HO's

Quick Reply: 32' Sunsation....impressive speeds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.