Notices

Which F350 Psd To Buy

Old 10-08-2002, 07:55 PM
bschoe

Question Which F350 Psd To Buy

I'm in need of some of that great OSO- What to buy with someone else's money kind of help.

I was all set to make a deal on a 01' Crew Cab PSD XLT when tonight I get a call from a guy with a great sounding deal on a Lariet. Same milage, same after market stuff. The Lariat is set up with the 6 speed manual and 4:10's and the XLT with the 4 speed auto and 3;73'. But the Lariet is going to come in about 3k less.

I'm not making any long hauls as this island is only so big so I'm not concerned about the 4:10 MPG thing but I'm not to excited about San Juan traffic with a manual.

Anyway, any thoughts and comments from those of you who are driving either set up would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brad

Old 10-08-2002, 09:25 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

What are you pulling?
Old 10-08-2002, 10:50 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,194 Likes on 519 Posts

Go for the auto. I prefer auto for towing, and especially pulling boats out of the water. I have owned both. I also think that Ford 6spd. is the hardest manual I have ever driven.
Old 10-08-2002, 11:07 PM
apache77

I have a 2001 crewcab dually auto 4.10posi very good looking truck, with 24,000 miles for sale. if interested i will take pics. of it tommorrow.

Old 10-08-2002, 11:08 PM
apache77

this is the only pic i could find on my computer that my truck was in the background, but it will give you the basic idea.
Attached Thumbnails Which F350 Psd To Buy-truck.jpg  

Old 10-09-2002, 04:43 AM
bschoe

Indy, Right now I'm towing a 33 Donzi but in 4 years with a little luck the boat will grow.

Sydwayz, I woke up this morning thinking the same thing. I dont need to sit on leather and the auto is going to be a better decision all things considered.

Apache, Great looking rig but I'm going for an all black look.

Thanks for the input I really appreciate it. This long distance buying thing gets really difficult but you just cant find any decent used trucks on this island so I'll be flying up this weekend.

Old 10-09-2002, 05:45 AM
jb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went for the Lariat..Glad I did. Resale is killer as well.
Also went for the auto w'out the 4:10. Gotta love the PSD.
15+mpg around town
Old 10-09-2002, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with the auto. You will be much happier. I had a 99.5 F350 Crew Cab PSD 6 spd and 10 months later I traded it for a 2000 F-350 Crew Cab PSD auto. Although the mileage was about 2mpg better with the 6spd, it was just a pain in the a$$ as a commuter vehicle.
Old 10-09-2002, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

For using it like a car you will probably like the auto. IF you were doing alot of towing I would go with the manual . The auto's are nice but its' only a matter of when they blow !! It's just the nature of the beast . I do some heavy towing from time to time so I stay with the stick in my mane trucks . I like the milage , the power , and the dependability of the manual trans . It does get old in traffic sometimes but at least it won't leave you on the side of the road like an automatic could . THe last 3 auto's we had all had problems and NONE of them even had a hitch on them . One truck had a new torque converter at 2000 miles , a whole trans at 2700 miles another toqrue con. at 3000 miles and another torque con. at 3500 !!! SOLD IT !!! NOthing like waitin for the tow truck ....... BUT , probably 80% of the trucks on the road are automatics and only about 60% of them have probelms so hopefully you'll be in the lucky 40% !
Old 10-09-2002, 12:18 PM
bschoe

Toutly,

They're all DRW. I made up my mind to go auto.

I just got off the phone with the Ford dealer in New Jersey and they won't accecpt my Navy Federal Credit Union Bank Draft. I told them I would make a deposit, fly in, and if the truck showed as advertised as I'm sure it will, I'd drive it away.

They said I'd have to sit in town and wait until they were convinced the draft was good.
I don't understand it, maybe I don't do this kind of stuff enough to understand it. But I called the credit Union and they didn't understand it either.
So I just put in a call to a dealer in Michigan. Maybe they'll be more receptive to taking my money.

Thanks for the input

Brad

Quick Reply: Which F350 Psd To Buy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.