Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
XVI Power Introduces V-16 LS Marine Engine in Miami >

XVI Power Introduces V-16 LS Marine Engine in Miami

Notices

XVI Power Introduces V-16 LS Marine Engine in Miami

Old 02-18-2017, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

All I know for sure is I want to hear a pair of V16's sing as they go by at 6000 rpm............Make the hair on the back of my neck stand up...
Old 02-18-2017, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes guys it is simple math but you get the point. as far as the crank is involved already thought of that 2 extra bearings on the middle and we fire every 45 degrees instead of 90 reducing torsion vibration thanks guys for all the encouragement my dad always said you cant steal 2 base standing on 1 first. this has been a 7 years project not thought up over night and yes we did see the Cadillac but we redesigned it for marine quite a bit different so we really didn't reinvent the wheel here thanks again guys
Old 02-18-2017, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports
Yes guys it is simple math but you get the point. as far as the crank is involved already thought of that 2 extra bearings on the middle and we fire every 45 degrees instead of 90 reducing torsion vibration thanks guys for all the encouragement my dad always said you cant steal 2 base standing on 1 first. this has been a 7 years project not thought up over night and yes we did see the Cadillac but we redesigned it for marine quite a bit different so we really didn't reinvent the wheel here thanks again guys
Becker block with Moldex crank?
Old 02-18-2017, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports
Any idea if price on the engine as well as how much it will weigh dressed out? When do you expect to have one up and running in a boat?
Old 02-18-2017, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Guessing this is the same one that was at PRI show? I think it had single v8 heads but a valve cover that joined both heads to look as one. There was also another booth that had a ls style v-12.

Price yeah it was up there, but at this level, how much would you pay just the sound its going to make.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the idea that most of the rebuild or wear parts are likely off the shelf stock. I imagine new cost for the complete unit is pricey with the block etc being semi custom but even buying double everything at a significantly longer rebuild interval should be more cost effective.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't get all the haters.

If this were mercury all of you would be pulling your one inch out and stroking all over it. Same problems would or would not come to reality and you would be paying for Mercurys learning curve just like all their engines that they make.

Yet this company makes a leap and you bash and piss on it?? You guys are so loyal to Mercury it's sad.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:08 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Would a pair of these fit in the engine bay of a V hull that had a pair of short stagger BBC's?
Old 02-19-2017, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

It all depends on the engine bay we are 48 inches from the bell housing flange to the front of the engine we are typically 14 inches longer than a big block with the big blowers .and we weight the Same we are typically 4 inches narrower than a big block . And typically not as tall thanks again guys for helping David and not taking anything away from Goliath.you young guys ask your dad to exsplain it .we are really excited with the response and want thank Jeff JBS for helping this dream become reality
Old 02-19-2017, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wonder what it sounds like

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.