Notices

Is Kaama Ready?????

Old 10-10-2002, 11:52 AM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Ha Kamma, I have to go to the doctor tomorrow and I think he is going to cut on my toe. If it's not to bad we might put in at St. Joe saturday to run some fuel out. If your down that way we can hang out. I'll call you after my apointment and see whats up. Later Doug
Old 10-10-2002, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

If the water test goes okay tonight, I will be taking the day off tomorrow and take the boat down to St.Joseph. I just got off the phone with 29Scarab(Shawn) and he might come up to Holland tonight. Thing is, I told him I don't know how things are going to go with the first water test. I promised him a ride and I want to make good on my promise, there's also a good chance he will get a ride from me tomorrow (Friday).

Doug, I might go for a quick ride on Saturday but it's looking like rain possibly---cold front w/winds coming in from the northwest.

Thanks for all the support gang, I'm believing for everything to go well.

Bout time I got that hog in the water!
Old 10-10-2002, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can give him a ride It is not as fast or load but it floats. See ya there, it should be a great night. See ya about 6.
Old 10-10-2002, 02:21 PM
Registered

KAAMA just called me from a jobsite and asked me to post that he WILL NOT be able to sea-trial the boat today because the temp gauges sent to him by Gaffrig are the wrong ones. The correct gauges are being overnighted to him and weather permitting, the sea-trial should be tomorrow. I'm sure he will post when he gets home.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

He called me also and filled me in. That just sucks!!

Hopefully the right ones will be in tomorrow!!

I've been without a boat for 2 1/5 months!! I'm joansen for ride!!!

Old 10-10-2002, 03:39 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gauges we dont need no stinking gauges!!!!!
Old 10-10-2002, 09:32 PM
Registered

Hey gang, just got home. I was figuring that Gaffrig sent me the right gauges until I opened the box at the last minute. They sent me the smaller 2" gauges and I needed the 2.5/8" gauges---what a bummer---took the wind right out of my sails.

Anyway, we put ANOTHER new fuel line on and fired the Port engine and that one leaked too! These are Allstar brand braided fuel line and anodized fittings (they sure all look the same to me). We took the first fuel line and fittings back and were given another new one. That one leaked too! We didn't know if the fittings weren't tight enough on the hose ends so we took them off and reinstalled the ends---still leaked. Finally, we found out that they were leaking from the little pin holes that are manufactured into the fitting ends. I had two more straight -8 fittings from Areoquip that were new in the box left over from the entire boat project. We took the Allstar brand fuel line and removed the fittings and then installed the Areoquip fittings on the hose ends---we then installed the fuel line back on the carb and fired the engine and let it run for a few minutes----no leaks finally! The guy working on my boat said that Areoquip has a patend design on their fittings----they all look the same to me, but the Areoquips sure didn't leak once we installed them!

Anyway gang, gauges from Gaffrig should be here tomorrow. I think I talked to "Ed" at Gaffrig and he listen to me cry about my gauges and was very kind and helpful.

Now then, perhaps I can attempt to do this again tomorrow.

Shawn, I'll be calling you bro.

Mitch and the rest of you, sorry about the false alarm....again!

MitcherT, thanks bro, I'll be in touch soon!

Doctor Dave, thanks for getting my steering all primed, bleeded and running smooth. Took my boat to Doctor Daves shop last night to work on my steering---he had FOUR (4) TRS drives sitting there in his shop on drive stands from a customer who is having Doc rebuild them. They will be going on a 50' Cary with quads of course!
Old 10-11-2002, 09:21 AM
Registered

Door bell just rang---gauges & parts are here. It's a beautiful day and I'm heading for St. Joe.
Old 10-11-2002, 10:01 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you aint right.... why pull your boat 100 miles to sea trial when you have a launch about 7 miles from your shop????I cant help tonight anyway my Father in law's coming for dinner....hope all goes well thats a long way to go if something goes bad!!!!Naaaah it will be Great!!!!!!!see ya
Don