Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Question about boat dealers >

Question about boat dealers

Notices

Question about boat dealers

Old 10-04-2002, 02:58 PM
Boating Fool

Default Question about boat dealers

I just have one quick question. I normally surf all the big boat dealers to look at their inventories. I noticed today that two dealers have the same two boats for sale.

The two boats are the 46 Skater "Lick This" and the Hustler 444 Huntress "Color Us Gone". Both the Aqua Toy Store and Lake Cumberland Marine have them listed. Is it because the people who are trying to sell them brokered them at both dealers.

And why would they want to sell these awesome boats already. I mean what can you move up to after these.

Old 10-04-2002, 03:08 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, Audio! Any ideas as to why Lick This would be for sale?
Old 10-04-2002, 03:18 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe something about going about 70 with a 50 foot high roostertail and spinning out? I could have sworn that would indicate over trimming but I guess it was the skeg breaking off..... YA RIGHT Not so sure a skater is going to spin out at that speed. Looked ok when he left and had it running at similiar speed after the spin out.

Jon
Old 10-04-2002, 03:22 PM
Boating Fool

I never have been in a boat that spun out. But I have wrecked 3 wheelers, 4 wheelers, skis pretty good. Might have scared me for a second, put I always hopped back on and tried again. Learn from your mistakes.

That boat is awesome. I know I wouldn't sell it after a mishap like that. I would just learn not to do whatever caused it again.

If it was the skeg. Freak sh%t happens.

Old 10-04-2002, 04:01 PM
Boating Fool

Okay, before this thread goes tangent. How can two dealers have the same boat.

Old 10-04-2002, 04:09 PM
Registered

Maybe the owner didn't have an exclusive deal with the brokers. As a seller in a slumping used market why not increase your coverage if it doesn't cost you anything? I've seen a lot of boats that are listed in multiple places, the guy who makes the sale get's the $$$. As for Skaters, you'll find them listed in a lot of places and you'll also see them listed on skaterpowerboats.com with Scott Hledin
Old 10-04-2002, 04:34 PM
Registered

And why sell Lick This? Poker Runs America did a story on this boat, list price $1.3M No way this guy paid list price for the boat, it's just not happening. It's listed for $1.3M at Lake Cumberland. This guy is a genious, he buys a boat for somehting less then 1.3M, uses it all summer and could possibly find someone to buy it for more than he paid.

I see that TomCat is also forsale.
Old 10-04-2002, 04:34 PM
Rick252

I've noticed that myself. In fact I just recently sent an e-mail to Randy Hartman at Lake Cumberland Marine about a 29 Fountain he has listed on his web site. I was gonna stop in during the weekend to look at it more closely. He called and told me it wasn't there at the moment. Well, I never got to see the boat or even try to make a deal on it. I guess that gives them more exposure when trying to sell.

Old 10-04-2002, 05:00 PM
Boating Fool

Thanks Too Old

I was hoping to run down to Lake Cumberland Marine one of the next few weekends. They have a couple of Baja Hammers I wanted to look at. Then I was going to walk around and look at some of these boats. Guess not if they don't have them.

Last edited by Boating Fool; 10-04-2002 at 05:02 PM.

Old 10-04-2002, 07:15 PM
Rick252

Originally posted by Boating Fool
Thanks Too Old

I was hoping to run down to Lake Cumberland Marine one of the next few weekends. They have a couple of Baja Hammers I wanted to look at. Then I was going to walk around and look at some of these boats. Guess not if they don't have them.
Make sure to call them first.

Quick Reply: Question about boat dealers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.