Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sea Tow vs. Tow Boat US vs ? >

Sea Tow vs. Tow Boat US vs ?

Notices

Sea Tow vs. Tow Boat US vs ?

Old 10-10-2002, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boot...that's pretty funny...but don't try it with Sea Tow...they have 24 hour policy...which I found out while signing up 50 miles from home

You'll have to spend the night on the boat...
Old 10-10-2002, 09:15 PM
Tom
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went with Vessel Assist

I went with vessel assist hoping maybe cigarette1 and DYTMAGIC
would take me for a boat ride for following their advice All of the companies will not insure you until the next day after you sign up to keep people from signing up after they need it. I went out today anyway and it was too calm. Occasional 3 footer in the ocean, but not much to fly off of.

Tom

Last edited by Tom; 10-10-2002 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-10-2002, 09:40 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have Boat US. I was at the Cape races and my boat started to sink. I called up Boat US and they NEVER CAME!!!! I was pissed!!! There was a boat right outside when we headed out so I know they were there. The coast guard towed us in and told me that they were useless in that area. I sat out there taking on water for over a hour!!! I called up Boat US and filed a complaint. I have no idea what happened but they did write a letter of appology. I understand that Vessle Assist is best out on the west coast. I also think that they coast guard takes a little more pitty on you if you have the tow coverage and they can not get to you so they are much more likely to tow you in.

Jon
Old 10-10-2002, 10:23 PM
Banned

I have Sea Tow. Last year I had to be towed. Took about 45 minutes to get there, and did a great job maneuvering me to the dock.

Sea Tow has two options, one that will cover your boat for $99 and what they call a captain's card that will cover you on any boat you are operating. I think it was $130 or $140 a year. Since I have 7 boats, I get the captain's card. Just the peace of mind is worth the cost of a tank of gas. Here they charge $150 an hour from the time they leave their dock, until the time they get back.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:03 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Tom,

I haven't forgot about you. I'm having a few issues with the boat right now. When I get things back on the water, I give you a heads up.

G
Old 10-11-2002, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cigarette 1,issues? What happened to the boat Gary?Did you finally find a real reason for that alarm going off?

P.S.I still need your e-mail address so I can sen you the pics.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:24 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Sean,

email to [email protected]

My issues with the boat are not mechanical or electrical. I am having issues with the LAW. Long story, can't get into it here,but I should have it resolved within the next couple of weeks.

G
Old 10-11-2002, 02:25 PM
Tom
Registered

G,
If you are not going to take me out in your boat for a while, we will just have to take mine. Some day when mine is down we can take yours. Maybe we can meet up with Steamin Rice and find some waves to play in. My Vessel Assist is good now that my 24 hour waiting period is up.

Tom
Old 10-11-2002, 05:22 PM
Registered

Cig1 and Tom,

Looks like next weekend is the next trip out for us, but it sounds like Douggie Fresh is setting up a lunch run for tomorrow.

G, I hope that you get everything sorted out with your boat. I assume that you always have a seat with one of your fellow CIG drivers, but if you ever get the itch to ride on a smaller boat (29') just let me know and I've got a seat for you..

Greg
Old 10-14-2002, 01:05 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Thanks guys for the offers. My Cigarette Brothers have been taking real good care of me. Dman, Jeffrey, kwb and Jim have invited me out with them for the past few weeks (thanks). They have given me some of the wildest rides I ever been on.

I believe there is the SCOPE Boat Rodeo this weekend. Tom, this would be a great opportunity for you to meet some of the SCOPE crew and see some very nice boats. I'm sure all the crew would like to put some eyes on your Batboat

G

Quick Reply: Sea Tow vs. Tow Boat US vs ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.