Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat shopping has become frustrating.... >

Boat shopping has become frustrating....

Notices

Boat shopping has become frustrating....

Old 03-15-2017, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CLASSIC MUSCLE
I've been shopping over the same period as you and have noticed similar seller behavior. I think it's a byproduct of our current economy being strong. You have tons of guys putting a high price on their luxury cars/boats/whatever and it's a "if I can't get my price I'll just keep it" environment. Don't expect it to change until we see a drop in the stock market after a record 8 year bull run and/or home values finally stop rising in most markets. Everything goes in cycles, and people are very confident out there right now. Just my opinion, good luck.
It's Trumps fault!
Old 03-15-2017, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 4,202 Likes on 1,204 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
Dan, that boat is old school cool and you know what you have...no reason to let it go for less than a number that makes sense to you.

Thank you,
In my case they look at the 1986 date and automatically assume it should be $50k. I priced it $.30 on the dollar. It`s probably the highest priced Flat Deck in the country but still a steal when you take into account the money and man hours involved.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Thank you,
In my case they look at the 1986 date and automatically assume it should be $50k. I priced it $.30 on the dollar. It`s probably the highest priced Flat Deck in the country but still a steal when you take into account the money and man hours involved.
I think we will all agree on that
Old 03-15-2017, 03:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Been on both sides of the fence many times. It is more than frustrating when you call on a boat that has been listed for many months and you can't get a hold of the owner. Or you have to twist the owners arm to get info and a showing. The "I don't have to sell it" line is a major turn off to prospective buyers by the way, guess what .... I don't have to buy it! Price it to sell, be a serious seller to attract serious buyers.
There is a short supply of good performance boats and there is really no relief for that problem. The money to be made will be in well cared for examples with current maintenance and upgrades.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,008 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Define Book, ??? if your looking for a stock factory built boat then you can get close to to a book price, if your looking at a custom built boat its harder to establish a value, most if not all of the hot rod boats that are for sale like ICDPL the market dictates value not NADA, craigslist, ebay, There's an A$$ for every seat I guess, just depends on how much the seat cost's.

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 03-15-2017 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 1,287 Likes on 723 Posts

That's it.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you really want to sell your boat list it for 25% less then the banks book number lol this thread cracks me up
Old 03-15-2017, 04:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,008 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Originally Posted by baditude
If you really want to sell your boat list it for 25% less then the banks book number lol this thread cracks me up
did you sell yours ?

And you right, if a guy calls me and offers a stupid # just because thats all he can afford, he's wasting both our time.

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 03-15-2017 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also believe the market is freeing up a little, seen some nice, fairly priced boats hit the market. And I'm thinking once the weather turns in the northeast, more boats will hit the market. As I always say, things will work out.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
Used boat prices are going to say high and get even higher for good quality good shape boats. An's that will only change if the prices of new boats start going down. That's just my thoughts. There will still be great deals out there on boats that you can steal but them are guys that already have there new rides and need to get out of there old boats quick or need out all together.
This is the #1 driver behind the used boat market. They're not selling nearly as many V-bottoms as they were 10 years ago, and they also didn't sell than many in the past 10 years. Plus, the new boats have gotten out of sight for whatever reason. Yes, they are nicer and have more features, but 250% nicer than what a boat cost 8-10 years ago? I don't think so. The price of new boats is pulling up the used boat market, period. Imagine if a new base model Corvette was $150-200K today instead of $70-80K. If that happened, it would pull up the values of the 1995-2012 Corvettes and they wouldn't be selling for $10-30K today, they'd be selling for 80-150% more.

The price of new performance cars has gone up too, but not nearly like the boats for whatever reason. Too bad the performance boat manufactures don't sell some models that maybe don't have all the features for a lesser price tag.

Last edited by CLASSIC MUSCLE; 03-15-2017 at 05:27 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.