Notices

Garmin or Simrad?

Old 11-15-2017, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Endeavour, You are spot on with what you said. A lot of people like having the buttons as an option too. Raymarine's new Axiom Pro series is a very nice unit and has way more features the NSSEVO3.
Really cool unit.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A timely thread for me as well. I have updated everything from bilge to helm on my 37 Outerlimits except gauge wiring. I started to have it rewired and possibly new gauges installed before I started to understand this NMEA technology........not even close to fully understanding it though.

With this said, what would you all recommend for a very basic setup:

10" - 12" display for both motors or two smaller displays....one for each motor. The Garmin GMI 20 was recommended if I go with two. I will need the following:
7 "gauges" per motor
GPS
Depth
Maybe lake water temp.
No need for navigation.

Thus far, I understand I will need a "bus" wiring setup, 2 Noland RS11 engine sensor converters. The only thing I'm not sure of is which display to go with.

I'm sure the way I explained this indicates my lack of overall understanding of this technology, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if I've hijacked this thread. I'd be glad to start separate one if need be.

Thanks, Thomas