How many underwater leds and what brand >

How many underwater leds and what brand

Notices

How many underwater leds and what brand

Old 03-28-2017, 11:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many underwater leds and what brand

Looking to put some transom lights on my 29 outlaw. Trying to decide which ones and how many. I would really like the ability to change color but if I have to pick I will probably do red. Has anyone just used one on a twin motor setup and are there any pics. I like the idea of the lumitec spectrums but spending $1200 or more to get two of them seams a bit much. Does anybody know of a less expensive color changer. I had some cheap blue ones on one of my other boats (around $100 ea) and they seamed OK but I figure if I am going red I might want something brighter. I did search Oso for threads but didn't seam to get much solid info. Any advise is appreciated
Old 03-28-2017, 11:33 PM
Registered

I have the cheap drain plug type......They have lasted way longer than I thought they would. I would like to upgrade to real underwater lights also.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:41 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

The color changing underwater leds are pricey! Ocean LED makes some too but i think they are around $1200 each. If you are on a budget, I'd stick with a single color.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:29 AM
Registered

I am not so much on a budget. I just have a hard time justifying that kind of money for leds. What makes them so expensive? I understand the concept of you get what you pay for but the difference is huge
Old 03-29-2017, 07:45 AM
Registered

I am not so much on a budget. I just have a hard time justifying that kind of money for leds. What makes them so expensive? I understand the concept of you get what you pay for but the difference is huge
Old 03-29-2017, 08:04 AM
Registered

I run OceanLED's (Blue)... (2) A12's and (2) A4's. Amazing color... and brightness in no-so-clean water...
Old 03-29-2017, 08:09 AM
Registered

Lumitec is a great product and gives you a lot of bang for the buck. We have several on our boat and we sell them to all our customers and they absolutely love them. They have several different varieties, we use the SeaBlazeX.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I have a pair of OceanLED A6 in red and couldn't be happier. Pictures don't do it justice.

They light up the whole back of the boat and look awesome. 6 years strong.

Speed Racer had a pair of OceanLED A12s in red for comparison. Under the bustle, it needed the extra output.
Attached Thumbnails How many underwater leds and what brand-img_3602.jpg   How many underwater leds and what brand-optix-speed.jpg   How many underwater leds and what brand-img_3724.jpg  

How many underwater leds and what brand-img_3147.jpg  
Old 03-29-2017, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I would also take a look at the Lumishore SMX152 and 92's. Below are pics of my boats in very dirty brown water.
Both had full color change with DMX input from the stereo.

Here is video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vFFRvKKpaE

We have sold just about every brand under the sun and Lumishores lights are by far the brightest.
Attached Thumbnails How many underwater leds and what brand-lumishore-3-color.jpg   How many underwater leds and what brand-28-lumishore-nc.jpg  
Old 03-29-2017, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 45 Posts

I have the Baby Ocean LED A4s they work great and I just added Hardin marine Drain plug. I'd look into Hardin's system you can tie their drain plug, underwaters, and cockpit strips into a wifi controller and change the colors.
http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/...psfcrbl8sl.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.